can someone explain the difference between rosin & Dabs?

proteus patient

Marijuana "Artist"
can someone explain the differen processes between making rosin & Dabs?

I've been out of the loop for a while. Thanks in Advance
:help:
Peace
Proteus

can someone explain the differen processes between making rosin & Dabs?

I've been out of the loop for a while. Thanks in Advance
:help:
Peace
Proteus
The term rosin has been used more than one way, so I am going to infer that you are talking about hot pressed rosin. It is produced by pressing bud or kif between two heated plates, so that the essential oils melt and run out onto the parchment paper that the material is sandwiched between.

Dabs are concentrates that are placed in a vaporizing device and inhaled. They can be produced by various processes, such as Rosin, BHO, QWET, QWISO, QWAT, SCFE CO2, etc.

Uhh you dab rosin.

There all kinds of concentrates, which Graywolf pointed out, with many names for each as well depending on the crew, lol.

Shatter, wax, live rosin, rosin, plain ole hash, bho and on and on, all concentrates made various ways, and dabbed through a rig specifically designed for the deed, and ya need a torch and unlimited supply of butane to spark it off. Kinda a pain I. The ass to get a buzz, lol

the unlimited butane supply to dab is not a true statement as many of us 710ers have what is known as an electric nail. This allows me to dab on demand as I turn it on in the morning and off when off to bed. My electric nail uses 60 watts:D

2b2s

ok, thanks, yeah I knew about dabs and their various extraction methods; my old state didn't allow for noxious extractions so never got to "dab"ble to much into them; a friend brought up moon rocks that he picked up in CA and was un sure exactly what the make up of them was; I've seen them before saying rosin, and somewhere else said hash oil. so in this instance I think Greywolf is dead on, as I somewhat remember trying someones home-made rosin and their description of making it by pressing it in between some parchment. Ohh, And cheers for the link BigSur (I was slow to open it), that is 100% worth book marking and showing to him.
Thanks guys!
This is why I missed TCC; love continuously learning about our beloved plants and near unlimited potentials.
:bigarmhug: :study:
Proteus

Last edited:
Back