Can Psychedelics Cure PTSD?

Butcher Bob

Lone Wolf
I watch The Jimmy Dore Show on Y/T for the politics, but a couple days ago he put up a video on a very different subject. It was an interview with Rick Doblin, founder of the non-profit organization MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies.... https://maps.org/ ), aboot their work with psychedelics for the treatment of PTSD. Mostly he talks aboot their work to get MDMA approved by the FDA for this treatment, but he also talks a bit aboot medical research with cannabis, mushrooms, and LSD as well. I found it to be very interesting, and thought others may like to see it too...

If anyone else has information on the treatment for PTSD, please feel free to post it up here. :)

A real heavy trip sets me right for 4 to 6 months but then I have to trip again. But that's purely anecdotal.

escondidos.png

I still have to avoid certain environments. Like I can't be anywhere I feel trapped or around a ton of people like working in an office, being in mall, going to concerts, etc. I used to get obliterated on alcohol to numb myself in those environments. Now I just avoid them or go shopping during hours when there are very few people in the stores. I was lucky enough to get a job at the railroad where I am away from people. A lot of guys here are vets with PTSD from being in combat.

Last edited:
Hello there,so I eat mushrooms from time to time and sometimes all the time.It depends on the mushroom and also the effect on you.If you get mania with paranoia and mean spirited you can sure get slowed down and empathetic in a hurry with the right dose.To much though and you can get a bi-phasic action and get way worse.
Each type of mushroom has a multitude of expressions and stages of worked lines.
.05-.1 with wood lovers for me,cubes up to .5 for me,natalensis .1-.5,pans .05-1.0,gyms .5-1.0,tampanensis didnt help much,more spun me out.Some of these can be taken multiple times in a row depending on the episode your having or triggering you've experienced.
The best is start small and pay attention to how your body reacts.Trip when you think you want a journey.They can sure help a person out but listen to yourself and what your body says.Cheers and if you're reading this good luck and safe travels ;).

I am a recovered ex cocaine user heroin and alcaholic I have been clean for a few years and it's mainly because of lsd and mushrooms with cannabis as a daily help... I suffered from a large ammount of depression after some early childhood trauma and after the weekly use of microdosing mushrooms I have made full return to my former self before I ever used any drugs or alcahol I feel as though i am a kid again full of life and excited for everyday LSD and mushrooms as well as peyote and ayahuasca have been a really great friend to me almost like an older brother or parent looking out for me and reminding me of who I was as a child pure and free and full of imagination ... I put intentions to be a better person and Change for ny family and myself and from my psychedelic experiences I can honestly say after alot of work using psychedelics i haave managed to change my perception on life to where I am now successfully hitting my marks in life.. I highly recommend psychedelics for anyone whonis serious about changing their perception from depression to anxiety to ptsd and many more things.. as the Ringo says in yellow submarine "ITS ALL IN THE MIND" ...

Back