Can no longer smkoe, options needed.

Tom Sawyer

My lungs can no longer handle smoke or vapor. I guess budder is my first option. I have an ounce of Angry Canadian bud ground up and ready, some butter, a large baking pan for decarbing if needed, a large stock pot for cooking if needed, some cheesecloth for straining if needed and a stove. What else do I need to get and do to get me some canna goodies in my body. As far as I'm concerned this first batch will be spread on toast or put on a tater or such, I just wanna get high as simply as possible without having to take multiple breathing treatments. Please advise or point me to detailed links so I can bake my brain.:014:

Actual budder instructions is what I need. Last batch I made didn't work at all, total waste of bud, but I had bud to smoke to fall back on. I have read a lot here but see conflicting advice and want to be clear before I do anything with my bud I would have smoked to get high with. So, I have an ounce of bud, a quarter pound of butter to cook that bud in and some kitchen crap to fix it in, what do I do? We'll get to recipes after I have something made that is cannabis infused.

opinion;
screw that butter mess. I have a friend that uses a butter 'machine'. I dunno if that works well or not. We decarb quality bud, grind it fine in a coffee bean grinder and ingest it like that. I use up to one gram (about a level tsp), Mrs uses less than 1/4 tsp. I like to mix with peanut butter or other fat containing food (for improved bio-availability). Mrs likes hers in applesauce., or baked in a sweetbread, brownie or cookie recipe at the rate of 8-12 g per batch. I like to add the ground weed to the oil ingredient and then follow the rest of the recipe. I just made some high strength maple oatmeal cookies, about 400mg of whole flower per cookie. They taste great.
Good luck finding what you like best.

Coconut oil capsules. Recipe thread here in cuisine section. Good luck. Sorry about your lungs. That sucks.

If you want to decarb your bud for eating (as shovelhandle suggested), I think the magic numbers are 40 minutes at 240 F in the oven, if I remember correctly. Anyone have more input on decarbing flower?

30 min @ 250ºF
50 min @ 210ºF

I've used both time/temps. Both work ok.

I pack the weed in foil envelope or in a covered pan/pot in the oven. Check your oven's temp with a thermometer.

Some form of edibles.......like gummies or hard candies might work.

Or the peanut butter firecracker ---> mix finely ground bud with peanut butter, spread on graham cracker, nuke for 20 seconds or so and eat

Hope you find something that works for you.

My experience, worthless as it may be. I've tried Shove's method of eating decarbed flower as he described. I've also swallowed caps containing MCT oil that served as a cannabinoid solvent with out any plant material.

Shove makes a great point of not needing to go through the hassle of infusing oil/butter first if you're going to ingest it. The difference for me was that the infused oil seems to be absorbed more quickly and uniformly where as when I ate the flower it was more of an extended release, like as long as flower moved through my digestive tract, it gave up it's cannabinoids for the entire trip through.

I find eating decarbed flower more intense and longer lasting while ingesting infused fat more predictable and less adventurous.

Last edited:
i've made capsuales using coconut ooil mixed with MCT oil. you can buy capsule filler trays to make it easier too.

Thanks for the tips folks.

I decarbed the 35 grams at 240F for 40 mins Friday night. Was going to stay up late an make a batch but learned my butter was salted so I decided to wait until Wally World opened Saturday and went and bought some unsalted butter and a crock pot. The resulting butter is pretty damned good. I mixed 35 grams of bud to 2 cups of butter, making a potent solvent. Two pieces of toast each had me and my son as high as we can remember for a good 6 to 7 hours. The taste was not what I had eaten way back in 2005, back then it tasted, odd. This stuff has a unique but not bad flavor. With that I think I found something that works for me and will encourage me to try other methods in the future. Big thing is now I can use cannabis and get nice and high and not have to use my nebulizer all day long. Hell, I haven't had to use the thing since Friday night after what should be my last smoke session. This little bowl served me well...

i've been making cookies and balked goods for years. They seriously do the trick and put a lot of my friends on their asses. seriously. been making butter on the stove using 2 ounces of trim per pound of butter. Wash the butter a couple times and the cookies taste amazing - no to very little green taste.

Back