Calcium deficiency?

guerilla1277

freedom fighter
Hello everyone. Just got my new basement grow up and running and I already have an issue down there. Probably about 20% or so of my plants have these rust colored spots on them and some even have it around the edge of the leaves. I'm thinking it's a calcium deficiency but not quite sure.

Im in 2 gallon root pouches and just started week 2 of flower
Medium is Canna coco with about 20% perlite
Greenstone coco base nutrients at 4 - 4.5ml per gallon
I'm using local tap water which is about 45ppm
I dropped the Calimagic down to 3 - 3.5ml per gallon since I figured there would be some in the tap water
I flushed them and upped the calmag to 4ml per gallon the last two feedings
Lights are 6kw total, 4kw DE HPS, 2kw SE HPS
I'm wondering if I'm underfeeding a bit after going from 2kw to 6kw?

Any help or advice is appreciated , thanks

20200611_034340.jpg

20200611_034312.jpg

Is it just old under growth or is it the newer growth? And is this the same feed plan you always use?

Its the mid level growth right below the new growth. I dropped down the feedings from 4.5ml each of A & B to 4ml each after getting some tip burn last round. This round is 6kw versus 3kw last round.

Its the mid level growth right below the new growth. I dropped down the feedings from 4.5ml each of A & B to 4ml each after getting some tip burn last round. This round is 6kw versus 3kw last round.

Hard to say but if your feeding is close to the same as last round and you did t see this then a lot of times it’s a root issue. Sometimes the plant will work right through it.

if the root zone is staying wet too long ph will drop, causing Cal and mg deficiencies. I get this when i don't let the roots mature enough before flowering or i pot up into too big a pot.

I fought mid plant bronzing and dried spots thinking it was my nutes being way off...found that epsom salts and bumping up my micro and macro nutes cleared it up quickly...without the micros/macros my nitrogen was getting locked out...don't fall into the rut where you go crazy changing nutes when it's just a deficiency...

Thanks GMD and boo. I don't think it could be too early of a transplant as these were actually transplanted late this round. I'll keep an eye on them and give the Epsom salt a try if it continues. Thsnks again for all the input!

Looks like Ca def from her but not sure with the light color. Usually calcium with show red spots on the leaves and mg brown in my experience. If you are giving them cal mag then they should be getting enough, but maybe something else like ph out of range, too much potassium locking it out, or calcium to magnesium ratio could be causing it. Maybe the water has calcium but not magnesium and it could be throwing off the ca/mg ratio or the coco staying wet like they said. The spots staying in between the veins and not crossing them is also an indicator.

I ...found that epsom salts and bumping up my micro and macro nutes cleared it up quickly...without the micros/macros my nitrogen was getting locked out...don't fall into the rut where you go crazy changing nutes when it's just a deficiency...

How much epsom salts and how much/what are the micro/macro nutes you suggest?

I use about a half shotglass of epsom salts to a 5 gallon bucket of nutes...macro/micro by GH...been using their nutes for 20 years...it's part of their 3 part system but the plant doesn't know that, it just made the issues disappear...I went from 7 tsp. per 5 gallons to 10 and it turned the issue around within 2 weeks

I use about a half shotglass of epsom salts to a 5 gallon bucket of nutes...macro/micro by GH...been using their nutes for 20 years...it's part of their 3 part system but the plant doesn't know that, it just made the issues disappear...I went from 7 tsp. per 5 gallons to 10 and it turned the issue around within 2 weeks

I would highly recommend a product of theirs I used to use as add ons way back when...

Floralicious Plus & Floralicious Bloom.. they really bring out the great flavor of any strain.. I ran that and added "Sweet" in their Berry flavor by Botanicare.. man, growing any Berry flavored strain it killed it. lip smacking weed.. hehe.

hope you got this figured out man.. looks like good advice here..:applause:

That stuff ain't cheap Cartman! :)

Glowing reviews though:

The Chicken says

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for excellent harvests!

Reviewed in the United States on December 26, 2017
Style: BloomSize: 1 QuartVerified Purchase
Floralicious Bloom is a very good grade of humic (fulvic) acid with a little sea kelp and protein hydroxilate it has a NPK of 1-1-. I use it to grow Marijuana.. This is not a necessary product if you are using Floralicious Plus.. Floralicious Plus is really a combo of Diamond Nectar and Floralicious Bloom.. All three have Humic Acid and all are made from Leonardite.. The difference between the three are.. Floralicious plus you can use in all applications that you would have had to use Florabloom for this phase and Diamond Nectar for this application. However Fplus is 48 dollars for a quart.. Fbloom and Dnectar are less than 20 each for a quart.. So you save about 12 bucks using the two and have twice as much!.. That's how I see it!... Lol. I also use twice as much Fbloom than I do Diamond Nectar. I use the Fbloom in veg.. I use it at half strength in a tea I feed them. It needs microbes to break it down and help with the uptake of your other nutrients.. I use it full strength throughout the first four weeks of bloom in a tea I feed them once every 7 to 10 days.. Then I use Diamond Nectar the last two weeks I feed them in bloom before I start my flush.. I do this because Fbloom has a NPK of 1-1-1 .. I don't want the nitrogen the last two weeks.. That's where Diamond Nectar is better than Fbloom and Floralicious Plus.. It has no nitrogen!. There!!! I wish someone would have explained it to me that way.. From using all three products.. That's how I see it!.. If I had to pick one.. I think Fbloom is more versatile even tho they say Fplus is. I just think the cost of Fplus too much, when I really don't see it working any better than what I get from Fbloom.. And Diamond Nectar is just the icing on the cake! I make a special feed for the last two weeks before I start my flush. Again.. I'm speaking from strictly a marijuana growing standpoint!

It does a make a difference.. Its a add on to your normal regime.. And you will see a difference in smell.. Fullness.. Color.. Frost.. Taste and what's known as BRIX.. And I do notice my plants come in a little early.. Anywhere from 50 to 60 days.. I rarely have a plant make it to 60 days.. This is from using Fplus!
Its truly a difference maker in your grow! Hope this is helpful!

Back