c/s; debunking some myths

hort

wired
After much research and a lot of help from my friend, km, I was successful in reversing a branch on one of my outdoor plants using colloidal silver.
There seems to be a lot of conflicting theories going around about how to make it and use it. I thought I'd try to clear some common myths.

only glass jars and spray bottles will work

Wrong. I used a plastic jar and lid and a plastic spray bottle.

only distilled water will work

Wrong. I used filtered water.

only higher voltage converters will work. 9V is the ideal

I used a 6V converter and it produced a clear liquid. I wasn't even sure it worked but some liquid had bubbled out and it left a dark ring on the counter under the jar when I lifted it.

it takes 3-4 weeks to reverse

It took me a little over 4 weeks to see balls.

spray twice, spray 3 times, spray every day etc.

I sprayed almost every day. I missed some days do to rain.

make sure the alligator clips don't touch the water

I made 2 slits in the plastic lid and inserted the 2 half coins. I then filled the jar with filtered water and screwed on the lid. The coins were well submerged and about an inch apart. I also made a hole to thread the hose from the pump with an airstone on the end into the jar. The clips were outside and not touching the water. Both pump and converter were then plugged in.

Here is my set-up. I made 2 batches. The first I left on for 24 hours. The second batch I left on for 36 hours. Both batches were clear. The coins started blackening after 12 hours showing me that the silver was being generated.

I hope others will chime in with their experiences with c/s also.

hort

Last edited:
Nice that looks pretty easy

Yes, NocG, it took about 10 minutes to set up after gathering all the stuff.

hort

*edit: I wanted to post some picts of the reversal. The whole branch is covered with balls. The rest of the plant is all female.

Last edited:
Thanks, muddy. :sun:

The reversed branch is just about ready for some of the balls to start opening. Here you can see it right next to his sister branch. :) I've got my fingers crossed that there is pollen inside some :cigar3:

hort

Just an update. I gathered pollen from the reversed branch and successfully impregnated a few lower branches. It looks like they took. :dancer:

I started spraying c/s on a lower branch of the sat. Kahuku for a week then decided I wouldn't make S1s off it so I stopped. But, I noticed this morning that there are balls forming on the second node from the tip. It isn't as heavily reversed like the other Kahuku that I sprayed for a month but it seems to work even by spraying for just a week. :puffpuffpass:

hort

teehee, you said balls.

thanks bud, will be picking your brains later, as well as km when a reversal is headed my way.

as far as spraying every day, im not sure that is necessary. earlier this year i made a shemale using STS. i sprayed once before going 12/12 and once another 2 weeks later.

took me 4 weeks to get pollen sacs.

if you do this you definitely want to flip the shemales about 2 weeks before the females.

:2c:

Thanks for telling us your experience, ww. I was hoping to get other people's experiences here for others to learn from.

hort

Hort, nice job, there should be some nice variations...........a webbed kahuku would be great........
thanks for sharing to the community.........

any others try this method and would like to share with the class....remember we are building Library of data collected from observations...............those that done it please chime in!!!

KM is the man.

Nice work Hort.

ES

>he is NOT "the man"...though possibly "a" man[but not "Dman" LOL]
he just followed "how to's" available here like any one else.

ES is THE man!

good photos and info hort
i owe much to your generosity

Coloidal you say

Hey Gang

"only glass jars and spray bottles will work

Wrong. I used a plastic jar and lid and a plastic spray bottle."

Plastic is a porous material and
will absorb the small silver particle.

"only distilled water will work

Wrong. I used filtered water."

You should only use Distile water
or De-mineralise water.

Raison is that any other Mineral
will react to Hydrolisation.

"only higher voltage converters will work. 9V is the ideal

I used a 6V converter and it produced a clear liquid. I wasn't even sure it worked but some liquid had bubbled out and it left a dark ring on the counter under the jar when I lifted it.
"

Actually as Cabron noticed the lower
the voltage the smaller the particle.

By experience I discover that the
stronger the CS the better it works.
I try 12Hr, 44hr and 144hr and the
last one work faster.

Application at a rate of once a week
is ok more then that is just a waste.

It usually takes up to 4 wk before
we can see sign of change.

Mind you not all strain are
reversible some are harder
then other. Where you'll get
male flower but no pollen.

Bare

Plastic is a porous material and will absorb the small silver particle.

I used plastic and everything came out OK. Maybe the concentration was high enough that a little absorption by the plastic didn't matter.

You should only use Distile water or De-mineralise water.

I used 'purified water' which I bought in the drugstore here in Japan. They told me it was filtered so I guess it was de-mineralized.

By experience I discover that the stronger the CS the better it works. I try 12Hr, 44hr and 144hr and the last one work faster.

I'd like to hear others comments on this. It makes sense but 144hrs. seems a bit overkill. When you say it worked faster does that mean the plant reversed sooner than 4 weeks?

Application at a rate of once a week is ok more then that is just a waste.

That may be true. I'll need to experiment more in the future.

Thanks for your comments, Barefrog. It adds to our knowledge here. :up:

hort

Last edited:
Hey Hort

I discover about the plastic
leaving my SC solution in it
and finding my misting bottle
became black inside. Due to
the silver ion lodging in the
porous plastic material that
the bottle was made of.

The 144hrs Hey am a stoner
I just forgot I had it running.

Concentration: A friend of mine
made some SC and tried it on
one of his plant but it did not
work, so I gived him some of
my 144hrs and told him that
that one was super concentrated.
He tried it and it work right away.
That was done on different clone
from the same mother.

About water: I am seriously
considering trying rain water
and see if it will work. If it
does not work it is fairly easy
to see cause your water will
have some mucky stuff in it.

Another experiment could
also be to put the silver
plate straight into the container
into what you grow your plant.
Maybe on a timer to make it
slow release of ion into the soil.

Bare

Thanks for letting us know about your experience with the silver, Bare. My solution wasn't cloudy even after 36 hrs. I left it in the plastic spray bottle for almost 2 weeks before it was used up and it never turned the bottle dark. I guess the lower voltage was the reason.

All three plant's branches I sprayed (HWI and the 2 Kahuku) have now turned. It took the HWI almost 2 months! It has been slow to flower anyway.

I'd have to rate this experiment as a big success. Very easy and no worries about working with chemicals as with STS.

hort

Hort- Thanks bro for the exceedingly interesting information that is confirmed by your experimentation. I will definately be filing this away in my mental infor bank for future use. It is folks like you that make the experience here on the Island so valuable.

Keep posting how further use of you shemen works out for better genetic dev or continuation of a favored strain.

Peace Bro.

ZigZag:catchawave:

Thanks ZigZag, I appreciate your comments. That was my purpose in starting this thread, to help others.

Here is a shot of my favorite strain's (Kahuku) seeded bud. I have also been successful in getting pollen from the reversed HWI and Sat. Kahuku. I've hit each with their own pollen to make S1s. I've also hit the HWI with pollen from the Sat. Kahuku to make feminine seeds and maybe boost the HWI a bit. ;)

All in all, everything has turned out better than I could have hoped for. :yay:

hort

Back