Borg !!!

burnie

Got a growing buddy that just found mites 2.5 weeks before harvest . Is there anything that can be used at this point ? I have Avid but l wouldn`t wanna` use it this close to harvest . Also have a Pylon TR bomb , but not sure about it . He wants to use some neem oil he has , but I`m afraid it`ll leave an oily taste.....or worse . Any help , tips , ideas or suggestions welcome . Thanks !!
peace

use a hose burnie, anything you use you will smoke...neem tastes like crap and avid is a definite no no...knock them back with water and let 'em dry...

2.5 weeks from harvest is really too late for pesticides. If they feel it’s a must then just use green cleaner or water like boo said. There is always a vacuum as well lol

Got a growing buddy that just found mites 2.5 weeks before harvest . Is there anything that can be used at this point ? I have Avid but l wouldn`t wanna` use it this close to harvest . Also have a Pylon TR bomb , but not sure about it . He wants to use some neem oil he has , but I`m afraid it`ll leave an oily taste.....or worse . Any help , tips , ideas or suggestions welcome . Thanks !!
peace

Green Cleaner - stuff works great and can be used up to harvest

https://www.amazon.com/Green-Cleaner-749804-Control-Sprayer/dp/B01J37ELI2

use a hose burnie, anything you use you will smoke...neem tastes like crap and avid is a definite no no...knock them back with water and let 'em dry...

yup, blast them sumbitches off with the water hose

I've had to do it and it works pretty damn good

burnie, wet buds can lead to mold but I tried this one year and it worked..one small 4 foot plant was infested with mites ( missed it doing my normal prevention ) and hung the buds up on twine in the barn..I'll be damned but as the buds dried out all of the mites crawled out onto the twine..it was an excidus of 1000s leaving a trail on the twine of about 20 feet..I'm guessing its because they had no more food to eat..the buds became mite free but all their eggs remained..the eggs are like super glue and won't completely wash off so if your friend doesn't mind smoking mite eggs it should be okay..I ended up just throwing the whole chit, twine and all into a garbage bag and off to the dump..

Exile by General Hydroponics should work. I'd rinse them off well the next day. It should kill eggs, and adults. It's safe to use right up to harvest, but the sooner he does it, the better. One application, and then just keep a close eye on them.

Shop vac them suckers right at lights on, like Boo said, at this point, anything you use your gonna

smoke.. neem oil is just that an oil. Best used anyway as a preventative then a kill on contact type.

I'm going back to using it during veg...

Best of luck

the green cleaner is non toxic , can be used up to harvest and kills the mites and their eggs.......

i've used this stuff a lot. works great. seriously

ammonia, dollar store dish soap, and water this far into the game is safest option for a contact killer. I get janitorial strength ammonia 3 tbls per gallon H2O 1 tbls cheap non anti bacterial dish soap. safe up to harvest day:D

2b2s

I personally would never use neem not even in veg. Def is taken up by the leaves and instills a nasty flavor to the end product. I also would Never use hot shot pest strips anytime in flower..
Green cleaner works wonders. Best advice is to always treat the plants like they are infected all through veg and early flower.
Green cleaner, biocontrol from mammoth, nuke em etc..
As I said above I stay away from anything neem. Just my opinion

late flower you a few options that help.

iso alcohol and water. usually kills on contact and evaporates fast
peroxide product like Oxidate will provide knock back
or crank up the heat! i got my room to 110 for 4 hours once. plants were fine, kills eggs too
shop vac too!

Last edited:
Back