Blumats

Well there you go, I stand corrected.

I also got into the habit of swapping out the carrot for a different one at least once per cycle, but I found the tensiometer needed re-filling at least twice per round. If you are inclined to buy one, DO NOT forget to cover the top of the tensiometer with something because they are NOT water proof... not even water resistant. I always used a clear plastic "shortie" solo cup to cover it... I think you can buy covers for them now that are made specifically for this purpose. I also found a thin walled pipe a little smaller in diameter than the carrot, so I pre-punch a hole for the carrot through the root zone, so that I'm not applying too much pressure on the carrot or tensiometer when re-installing.
I have not checked the water level in the tension meters but need to add to my general maintenance, thank you for this! Agree on swapping carrots every 2 or 3 months or or at least pull it, soak, clean, soak, reinstall

I have not checked the water level in the tension meters but need to add to my general maintenance, thank you for this! Agree on swapping carrots every 2 or 3 months or or at least pull it, soak, clean, soak, reinstall
I recall someone saying something about damaging the ceramic if you scrub the carrot too hard, pretend that it is a personal appendage... sometimes less is more!

Back