Blue Dragon (IBL) x Burmese (IBL) x Kona Gold (IBL) x Maui (IBL) Grow

Growhumboldt

This is my first grow journal in the 35+ years I’ve been growing. The primary motivator was the beans @CurbsideServ offered in the syndicate podcast! lol Not really, just wanted to log something unusual.

I’m excited to get these gems going! These seeds are part of Joe Pietri’s stash and a part of history! I did have some trouble getting the beans to pop, but after using dextrose and peroxide 10 were successfully. I plan on doing a preservation pollination and a feminized seed run. I don’t want to lose these genetics.

I’m also running a red dragon and a few hybrids from Joes genetics. I’m really hoping these beans will be something different than the ordinary.

IMG_7550.jpegIMG_7627.jpeg

Over the weekend I was able to move the red dragon along with the Kona Maui into the veg tent pheno hunt for a couple weeks before moving to the flower room. I usually keep plants in the veg tent for about 10 days before flipping, sexing then moving to the flower room.
I also have several runtz x gorilla nut plants and some chem 91x chem d plants in the back of the beds.

My plan is to select the best Kona/maui male and pollinate a couple females along with the red dragon and what ever else I have available at the time. I just want a stock of these genitics to work with. I’ve been looking for something unique for some time now and am hoping the Kona/maui will be it.

IMG_7663.jpeg

After just two days in the veg tent these girls are starting to perk up! I found my old ass timer activation button slipped and was causing my light to stay on about 23 hrs a day. I’m sure it didn’t hurt the girls but I like to give them a rest period. By the weekend they should liven up and be ready to flip. Being this is mostly a pheno hunt and a seed preservation run I’ll keep the plants small in 1 gallon buckets. I feed with organics alive and a calcium supplement along with a worm casting tea that we make ourselves. I have several bins of red wigglers that do an amazing job!
The added flats are my backup mother plants that I’ll be flowering out. I always have backups in at least two locations.
Some I hold are: gdp, gg4, redwood og, BD, trainwreck, ny sd, and purple kush. I also have some newer stuff that I acquired in the last several years. Gelonade, gelato 41, runtz, gorilla nut, super sour runtz, cherry lime, and blueberry swirl. I’m sure I forgot a few due to old age and too many plants.

Attachments

• IMG_7720.jpeg
    IMG_7720.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Kona/maui grow update week 3. I flipped to flower on Friday May 10th. These plants have really turned around and are growing well. I like to go lights out for 72 hrs. This morning when I flipped the lights back on the growth was amazing and all the plants were praying for light!
Over the next couple weeks I’ll be removing the males and taking cuttings off the diner males. My breeding tent is full at the moment so I’ll need to wait about 4 weeks before having room for the Kona/maui f2 seed run. Besides the germination rates these genetics have been relatively easy to grow. IMG_7809.jpeg

Back