Best time to do a rez change

alabaster

Original MichiGangsta
I usually do my rez changes weekly, in the plants early lights on period. Usually with in the first hour. Recently I've noticed that when I do one closer to lights out, and this is very rare for me, I find the rez is way lower the next day. Much more so than from the plants normal nocturnal respiration. I know plants don't use nutrients at night. So my question is.... When is the optimal time in a plants day to do a rez change? Has anybody thought about this, or observed any differences?

Hmmmmmm, never really thought about it. I'm in DWC, I certainly don't do weekly change outs. Neither do I restrict myself to doin' them at a specific time or closer to lights on/lights off. So I haven't ever noticed any difference when it comes down to it.

Sorry, can't offer any real input,

Why are you doin' weekly change outs? Are you ppms down that much in seven days? What type of system are you usin?

aNs

I run an aero/nft system that's a very aggressive aerated system. I change my rez weekly because that's how I get my best results. Sparky, thanks for your interest in my thread. I bet if you tried doing weekly rez changes you'd notice a big difference too. You never know what the breakdown of your PPM's are with a tds meter. So I just change them every week to ensure they get what they need.

I'm just curious if anyone's ever heard of, or experienced when the best time in a plants day is to do rez changes?

i don't do res changes ..but the serious people do..way to go

as far as night feeding ..as far as i know... thats when they suck it up

Back