Bayer Monsanto Merger Will Steal The Marijuana Industry

Freakshow

here's the story with some videos.

"The recent takeover bid of U.S. seed company Monsanto by German-based drug and crop chemical maker Bayer could mean the death of the infant marijuana industry and the birth of genetically modified corporate cannabis.

Marijuana industry insiders believe that the international corporation will destroy the industry, genetically modify the seeds and rob people of the diversity and natural benefits of cannabis.

Besides the health fears associated with GMOs, the company also plans to supply the necessary chemicals and fertilizers to attack marijuana seed breeders in the same way that Monsanto used RoundUp to attack farmers worldwide.

Bayer’s history includes making chemical weapons, providing material support (as part of the Farben group) for Hitler’s genocidal war crimes, using slave labor, and creating toxic and deadly products.

Bayer was the first company to mass produce and mass market heroin worldwide.

Monsanto has similarly made or contributed to the making of harmful products including saccharin, PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls), nuclear weapons, polystyrene, DDT, Agent Orange, RoundUp (glyphosate), bovine growth hormone (rGBH), Aspartame, GMOs, and dioxin.

Big Buds reports:

As you know from previous BigBudsMag.com articles, Monsanto makes poisons, GMOs, and other products proven to harm people and the environment.

Monsanto has a deep business partnership with Scotts Miracle-Gro, a convicted corporate criminal– and Scott’s Miracle-Gro is trying to take over the marijuana industry.

In the past two years, a Scotts Miracle-Gro front group purchased General Hydroponics, Botanicare, and Gavita.

Scotts Miracle-Gro CEO Jim Hagadorn says he intends to spend as much as HALF A BILLION DOLLARS to buy out the cannabis industry.

Major hydroponics nutrients, lighting, soil, and other grow equipment manufacturers report they’ve also been offered takeover bids by Scotts Miracle-Gro or its “Hawthorne” front company.

One major hydroponics lighting manufacturer told BigBudsMag.com that Scotts Miracle-Gro wanted to buy most of their bulbs and sell them at Home Depot and other discount stores.

“They indicated they want to bypass hydroponics retail stores,” the hydroponics lighting rep told us. “When we said we won’t get in bed with them to hurt the hydro industry, they said, ‘Well, we could just buy your whole company like we did with Gavita and do whatever we want.’”

Maximum Yield Magazine, which bans marijuana hydroponics nutrients company Advanced Nutrients from its indoor gardening expo events, welcomed a Monsanto affiliate into its Boston gardening expo several years ago.

This despite the fact that Monsanto and Scotts Miracle-Gro have long been partners with the DEA to produce poisons used in the wars against marijuana and coca plants.

Bayer has a business partnership with GW Pharmaceuticals, a UK-based company that grows marijuana, extracts compounds from it, and then turns the compounds into pharmaceutical medicines.

Bayer is the licensed distributor for GW’s Sativex®, an expensive medical cannabis extract spray that patients say is less effective than growing and using their own buds.

Like Monsanto and Scotts Miracle-Gro, Bayer is a pathologically harmful corporation.

Bayer’s history includes making chemical weapons, providing material support (as part of the Farben group) for Hitler’s genocidal war crimes, using slave labor, and creating toxic and deadly products.

In 1898, Bayer trademarked the opiate diacetylmorphine, giving it the name heroin.

Bayer was the first company to mass produce and mass market heroin worldwide.

The company falsely claimed that heroin was great for children as a harmless curative for coughs and digestive disorders.

Monsanto has similarly made or contributed to the making of harmful products including saccharin, PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls), nuclear weapons, polystyrene, DDT, Agent Orange, RoundUp (glyphosate), bovine growth hormone (rGBH), Aspartame, GMOs, and dioxin.

When Monsanto is called out for creating harm to humans and the environment, the corporation responds with denials and propagandistic public relations campaigns, and attempts to intimidate its critics.

Michael Straumietis, founder and owner of hydroponics nutrients company Advanced Nutrients, has constantly warned the marijuana community about Monsanto, Scotts Miracle-Gro, GMO marijuana, and corporate takeover of the marijuana industry.

“Monsanto and Bayer have an agreement to share information about genetically modifying crops including cannabis,” Straumietis notes. “Bayer is partnered with GW Pharmaceuticals, which grows its own proprietary marijuana genetics. You can bet Monsanto and Bayer are interested in creating GMO marijuana.”

Several years ago, Straumietis reports, billionaire investor George Soros, who owns 500,000 shares of Monsanto stock, worked behind the scenes via a “public interest” front group to legalize cannabis research in Uruguay.

Straumietis says South American governmental insiders report that Monsanto is working there on genetically-modified cannabis, along with pharmaceuticalizing THC, other cannabinoids, and terpenoids."

Let me ask you fellow growers this: Are you to support this? Personally, I will never buy anything from Scotts, General Hydroponics, Botanicare, Gavita, Monsanto or Bayer.

there are plenty of alternatives for nutrients and lights, people. This corporate bullshit is evil. They will force us to forever be underground. Fight for your freedom. Stop buying products from these companies.

here's the story with some videos.

"The recent takeover bid of U.S. seed company Monsanto by German-based drug and crop chemical maker Bayer could mean the death of the infant marijuana industry and the birth of genetically modified corporate cannabis.

Marijuana industry insiders believe that the international corporation will destroy the industry, genetically modify the seeds and rob people of the diversity and natural benefits of cannabis.

Now that's gonna take a few generations , no?

I don't think so. Federal legalization will occur once these corporations are poised to step in and deliver.

after doing more research last night, GW Pharmaceuticals is in on this shit too.

and here's who owns GW Pharma: http://ir.gwpharm.com/advisers.cfm

and those of you still burying your heads in the sand this is what that means:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N_M_Rothschild_&_Sons

The Rothschilds account for over $500 trillion. Yes that's with a T. That's about how much they are worth. They own the central bank in every country of the world except maybe 3 or 4. I know North Korea and some other 3rd world places. After we went into Iraq and Afghanistan, they were able to establish their banks there. These are the people who hold the strings on our puppet politicians.

the state of NY partnered with GW Pharma for it's medical cannabis.
http://www.pharmaceutical-technology...icine-4359924/

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/06/0...ilepsy-trials/

so here's the Medical Cannabis laws of NY: http://norml.org/legal/item/new-york...-marijuana-law

https://www.health.ny.gov/regulation...ear_report.pdf

patients cannot grow their own meds. They cannot smoke their meds. There will be only 5 producers of medical cannabis state wide and 20 dispensaries. It's all being handed over to big corporations and the Rothschilds will have a major hand in the industry.

We, the real growers will not be allowed to start businesses. It's all getting handed over to whomever lines politicians pockets and that is big corporations.

If this Bayer acquisition of Monsanto goes through, we will be prosecuted more harshly, because we will then be keeping money out of the hands of these big corporations.

get it?

you can already buy just about anything hydroponic and grow related on Amazon, 1000 bulbs has added a huge section on it's webpage for a lot more than just HID bulbs. The small local hydro store cannot compete with the prices being offered on the web. One of the places I go to has begun price matching to keep up, but when i went in to buy soe stuff, I showed the th3e web price and it was literally $2 over what the owner of the store paid for it to put it on his shelf. Hydro shops will begin to fall like dominoes.

Man you are on the pulse there, good work

In the UK the only company making UK specific MJ nutrients was recently bought out my a previously unknown and the first thing they did was build a new bottling plant 500% bigger, they're now flooding the market

The Canna rep had heard that things were going on behind the scenes and they were concerned both as individuals and as a company

Makes sense, become the Amazon of the MJ community and fuck everyone else

this seems to be where things are heading. it is probably not the time to start up a mom and pop hydro store. :2c:

I will say this does cause concern, do you know that there is 100's of thousands of acre of farm land in these united states that can only grow monsato seeds, nothing else, so they okay it for another crop, soybean, corn alfalfa, wheat, just throw pot in there to, they could poison the GH nutes, soil, anything without telling us, down right concerning to me, glyphosate is in everything, flower wheat, monsato lobbies that its safe, big lobby

will it happen over night, no, to laugh it off , just means you do not care.

As Others have said, just a matter of time, we all knew corps would own the industry as soon as the government got right with it.

Most every last shop in Denver is owned by 5 people. Lawyer told me a few years back to do everything you can to open a shop, cash in when they come buy you out.

Here on the western slope hemp growers are letting the pollen fly, lots of outdoor down valley seeded, and farmers are putting it out just to be dicks.

Most of us will be back growing in crawlers, lol

good info, Bigsur51.

What they will do is over-regulate (already being done in Oregon and will happen in California once recreational is voted in), release a pitifully small number of licenses to big corporations and not make licenses available to the people that can't or won't grease a politicians hand. Once the feds step in, licensing will become ridiculously expensive and even more limited. The government is dragging its feet only because their corporate bed buddies are not perhaps quite ready.
We will not be able to start legitimate businesses. They will severely limit licensing like they the tax stamp for hemp nearly a century ago.
That, my friends, is the foot of the government on our heads in the pond. It used to be like that with alcohol. In the past 20 years, they let go of the iron grip on booze and it will and is switching to the newest cash crop. meanwhile there's small breweries and distilleries springing up everywhere.

Last edited:
I don't need any fertilizers to grow weed. I just need bat shit, chicken shit, bone meal, blood meal and lime. I can get everything I need to grow at my local nursery and all .

It will put grow shops and seed vendors out of business.

good info, Bigsur51.

What they will do is over-regulate (already being done in Oregon and will happen in California once recreational is voted in), release a pitifully small number of licenses to big corporations and not make licenses available to the people that can't or won't grease a politicians hand. Once the feds step in, licensing will become ridiculously expensive and even more limited. The government is dragging its feet only because their corporate bed buddies are not perhaps quite ready.
We will not be able to start legitimate businesses. They will severely limit licensing like they the tax stamp for hemp nearly a century ago.
That, my friends, is the foot of the government on our heads in the pond. It used to be like that with alcohol. In the past 20 years, they let go of the iron grip on booze and it will and is switching to the newest cash crop. meanwhile there's small breweries and distilleries springing up everywhere.

I don't know, in Oregon at least, while it is certainly going to be an overly regulated industry, they are doing a pretty good job of letting small players get licenses. They even made two new categories of licenses to reduce fees for the smaller operations. I am in the middle of the application process now and it really seems like the OLCC want a strong thriving and competitive industry with players of all sizes. They have been straight-forward and helpful. So in at least that sense it seems poised to be a good industry for the time being. We never know what the future holds in any case.

yes that is true, however, they are pushing medical out for rec. Dispensaries, I was told by a friend who is very active in the legalization process, will be forced to decide whether they will provide rec or medical. The money is obviously in rec and that's where the government will profit the most as well.

over-regulation is already occurring in Oregon. Testing prices have risen out of reach for small growers. If a dispensary wants to stay medical, they can, but there will be little money in it to survive.

Its definitely not perfect but medical is not really being pushed out as much as it is being absorbed into the recreational market. Rec shops can sell to medical patients tax free, and rec growers will be able to grow for medical patients starting next year. Dispensaries are left in a tough position, either go rec or be in an untenable market situation since they will be confined to a very small customer base that is not confined to them. There are some regulatory hurdles to be sure, but it seems like most will be able to transition. After a year of selling to the recreational market most dispensaries are probably not too keen to jump back down to the small medical only customer base. There probably will only be a very small number medical exclusive dispensaries left after 2017 if any.

Medical growers either have to step it up and get professional in the rec market or be confined to the dwindling number of medical dispensaries or the black market, which doesn't seem to be doing well. Growers who don't have a separate space outside their home to grow are really in a tough spot, as professional growing in residences is not allowed. I am having to downsize into a really cramped shed just to keep going until I can find a better space. I would prefer to just keep things the same with my setup in my garage but I am willing to suffer a bit to get a chance at having growing be my legit career. If it gets ruined by Monsanto, so be it, I am still going to try. I am feeling optimistic actually.

there will always be those who want the best possible quality - flavor and buzz. It's what brought about the current huge emergence of microbrew beer.

like wine, for example. There are many who will not or cannot buy a $2000 bottle of Screaming Eagle cabernet or a $4000 of Chateau Margeaux. The same will hold true for the cannabis market. There are those who will pay for quality.

As if on cue, this was on the lostcoastoutpost.com and agrees with you, the sting is in the last sentence

SMUGGLING CHANGES DIRECTION

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that the usual smuggling of marijuana into California from Mexico has reversed course. Now it's being smuggled into Mexico, in part the Chronicle reports, due to legalization efforts in California:

" As the flow of cartel brick weed into the U.S. dwindles to due further legalization measures, the phenomenon of smuggling California pot southbound to Mexico has arisen.
The abundance of high-quality legal marijuana in California has created a demand in Mexico that local cartels can’t supply with their own homegrown product,"

karma truly is bitch, ain't she?

I believe this to be the goals of all big AG companies for sure as legalization looms over the country! As far as wiping us out and our genetics? Ain't gonna happen captain! We've saved seeds for way to long and their will always be an underground! If we can hold a license for a small grow or a small shop boutique flowers will always sell! People really have gotten much smarter on what good weed really is. Ten years ago I was still peddling Mexican Schwag on the side to satisfy customers who couldn't justify spending the money on the high grade. Today I couldn't find a pound of Schwag for sale if my life depended on it. Everyone switched over at least that I know! And I always dominate the market in my region, their is plenty of competition out there but my customers are loyal and sometimes go without while waiting for my flowers. I just don't think we can count ourselves out yet! Of course I can read between the lines also and know that corporate take over is definitely on the agenda....

oh I can find find plenty of schwag, my friend. It's called 1500 dollar pounds of crap that won't sell in Colorado and is brought here. it literally takes 2-3 bowls to get a buzz and tastes like a chemical stew. I good friend moved to Colorado in the past year. She moved from Michigan where she could get outstanding medical buds. She told me the weed from colorado dispensaries "has no soul". Mass produced kind bud is truly starting to suck.

Back