Anyone else have trouble sleeping? Strain cure or pharma?

Olday

Just spent another night of no sleep, for those who have the same, it is a pain and is havoc on everything

I’m not excited about adding additional meds/ambien etc... to my routine but I need to figure something out

I’ve got both Katsu Bubba and Babu in flower that I am thinking of running long to see if that helps. Most of the dispensary weed is hybrids that are pulled way too early to help with the still overwhelming demand here so those aren’t a good measure.

I wake up every night between 2 and 3 am. Some nights I go back to sleep and some I don't. Last night was one of those....I tossed and turned until it was time to get up. I have a prescription for Ambien but only take when I am upset about something when I first go to bed. I don't want to get hooked on the stuff. Doc says it is normal for someone my age to wake up and not be able to sleep. Doesn't effect me and i never take a nap during the day. Another lovely thing about growing old......

giphy.gif

I have the same issue and I shudder to think how bad it would be if I didn't smoke A LOT of weed.

Olday, i don't know whether the flowers you're growing will help or not, but I will tell you that I find I sleep more soundly the night after consuming edibles during the day or evening.

Hey olday, bubba and babbu are probally the best strain you will find for sleep. I’ve never grown babbu but I’ve grown many bubbas and take em to 70 days and you will be happy. I’m asleep the minute my head hits the pillow. If I’m stressed or overthinking things or something bad happens then I will lose sleep but not very often. Not sure if you excersize or not but that’s my second line of defense against sleeplessness. You don’t have to go overboard even just a fast paced walk everyday will do a lot. First is of course mj LoL. And my third defense is a 10-15 mindfulness body scan I find on YouTube. It’s not easy(lol) when I first started I’d would freak out a bit after just a couple of minutes but practice makes perfect. The more you do it the easier it gets. Plus I’m always smoking so that intensifies everything ten times especially when you close your eyes.

I have serious sleep issues so I smoke like a chimney at night and take a mild sleep aid from my doctor...my mind is always spinning...katsu and babu will help you sleep, run it long for amber tricks...long story but I need my katsu back...:teeth:

Thanks all, Will grab some edibles from the shop until I can make my own, flower the bubbas long and pick up a barbell (I have one, like actually pick it up ;)

Reactions: Boo
Tincture in crushed ice/water/cranberry juice, like a snowcone, sip on it for about an hour before hitting the hay.

Everclear, to cover the herb, swished for about three minutes in lightly decarbed herb. This can be really potent, if there is enough herb for the everclear to get 'completely saturated' with cannabinoids. Edibles work, but the tincture seems easier/faster to make. The tincture can be used over more decarbed herb, AGAIN, if not saturated.

Found that decarbing right in the canning jar (no more than half full) in oven, with jar lid NOT on tight(need to let out pressure) keeps the terps inside the jar, instead of smelling up the house. 220 degrees for a half hour or so. The jar should be placed on its side,on a towel, on a cookie sheet. Can decarb longer if the thc isn't wanted, will leave the cbd...up to a point, i suppose. Maybe an hour would cook out most of the thc.

As i said, this can be potent, so would say to start out with just a half teaspoon, if one does not know how 'edibles' affect the system. Some hardcore tokers are surprised at how little edibles they need. Has to do with individual digestive systems. May be incredibly different than inhaled.

Last edited:
If you can make oil, that REALLY helps me sleep. Get some capsules and fill about 1/4 full and go from there. It's a miracle for sleep. I just need someone who can make me some oil. Good luck man, I know the ramifications from lack of shut eye.

Do you mean like RSO? I can pick that up from the clinic, girlfriend takes it for her fibro flares but I’ve not tried it. Same way, she squirts a bit into a capsule

Tincture in crushed ice/water/cranberry juice, like a snowcone, sip on it for about an hour before hitting the hay.

Everclear, to cover the herb, swished for about three minutes in lightly decarbed herb. This can be really potent, if there is enough herb for the everclear to get 'completely saturated' with cannabinoids. Edibles work, but the tincture seems easier/faster to make. The tincture can be used over more decarbed herb, AGAIN, if not saturated.

Found that decarbing right in the canning jar (no more than half full) in oven, with jar lid NOT on tight(need to let out pressure) keeps the terps inside the jar, instead of smelling up the house. 220 degrees for a half hour or so. The jar should be placed on its side,on a towel, on a cookie sheet. Can decarb longer if the thc isn't wanted, will leave the cbd...up to a point, i suppose. Maybe an hour would cook out most of the thc.

As i said, this can be potent, so would say to start out with just a half teaspoon, if one does not know how 'edibles' affect the system. Some hardcore tokers are surprised at how little edibles they need. Has to do with individual digestive systems. May be incredibly different than inhaled.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up - will give it a go as well

If you decide that you like oil, butter, tinctures, the Magic Butter Machine is neat. It has the temps and timing all programmed, makes it easier.

Best strain I`ve found for my severe insomnia is LUI . Calms me enough to sleep . Wish I had her again !
peace

nanny, I was given the butter machine and seem to have no luck...last run was 2 cups of coconut oil and 2 zips of bud...I've taken caps and nada...dunno if I'm saturated after 50 years of toking...

The cookies I made from oil are great for sleep aids, according to people who eat them.

I've found no matter what, the help I get sleeping from cannabis is always limited by my tolerance.

I tend to wake up when I'm no longer feeling powerful effects, causing me to smoke more and more before bed. Kinda creates a nasty cycle.

I rarely get more than 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep after that I toss and turn for hours. Occasionally I fall back to sleep. Edibles do make a difference. I took 2 gummies before supper yesterday and slept 6+ hours.

Boo, edibles work for some and not for others. Did you decarb properly, first?

I sure did nanny, decarbed for 20 minutes at 220 degrees...followed the instructions to the letter...when i used to make butter in the crock pot, not many of my buddies could eat more than one...mebbe I need to go back to what I know worked years ago...

I make it a point to smoke before bed. I also have a high tolerance due to excessive smoking..(at least 3 j's per day) but it still doesn't work alone. I also take
trazadone 100 mg for sleep Between these two I do get sleep. Haven't slept right since Vietnam in 1972.

Gummies around dinner and did better last night - not sure how much it was the edibles vs no sleep at all the night before but I’l take it. The yield on this run looks to be good so I’ll be able to try out a lot of the above. Thanks all

Back