Any resident LED/hybrid lighting experts?

so true Fishwhistle those little HLG 100 kick ass and I think I will get another one for the top tier of vegging rack:puffpuffpass:

I just ordered Optic2 Gen3 light for $269, link in cabanna lounge, 55 watt cobs, two of them then 5watt led, 205 watt output for my 2 x 4 tent, growing for fun again

I just picked up the 1750 from this place: https://www.bcblondes.com
it's on sale and is being phased out. the company is going with the 650 Game Changer for it's big light. runs on 650 watts and replaces a 1K HPS. the light is full spectrum, so it doesn't give off the pruplr LED light but a very bright white light.

here's the 1750 DB. it's on sale right now. That with the Canadian exchange rate, brought was down to damn near affordable for me. paid $1018 for it, including shipping. I received it literally 4 days after ordering, unlike the 45-60 day backlog in manufacturing for getting a Fluence Spyder that runs about 700 bucks more. here it is: https://www.bcblondes.com/Cree-cxb-3590-led-grow-light-with-meanwell-driver-p/bcb-850-1750-db.htm

the GameChanger is this one: https://www.bcblondes.com/product-p/bcb-680-3012.htm

hope this helps

I wonder if a guy could get by with one of those HLG 100's on a light mover in a 2x4 tent?

Just until he could afford to either buy another one,or could figure out how to build one.

a buddy was talking about getting a bunch of LEDs from these guys https://www.specgradeled.com/grow/verta/
looks similar to fluence science but cheaper and maybe better

that looks pretty sweet. Priced better than Fluence too. 10 year warranty sounds nice too, on the LED's. i may do this.......

so a quetion, I loked at the LED's y'all posted. I want something more than 100 watts for veg. in winter i run a 1000 wtat MH in veg and an Apollo 8 LED fixture. I'm needing to replace the 1K MH. The heat in the summer is just too much. Suggestions?

Those look pretty cool OS. Verta warranties look like about the best in the industry. I'll have to compare the Verta to the Fluence. The more I explore the Fluence Spydrx Plus, the more I want one of them though. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger. I'm going to wait until I can do a thorough comparison between Verta, & Fluence. It's sort of scary because we've been used to HIDs for so long, and heard, & seen, so much bullshit about LED technology over the years. It sure appears like they've finally surpassed HID technology. At this point it may be even better to see what else comes out of them. I'm sure they're only going to get better, & cheaper as time goes on. The speed that technology is moving could make either of these units obsolete pretty quickly.

Since the LEDs finally surpassed the efficiency of DEs I've been really wanting to get some. I really like the spec grade, the bios and fluence fixtures. BIOS prob my choice, But after looking at the price of them all, I decided to build some fixtures from HLG to test before spending. Starting with Veg, I built a couple veg lights and all said and done with some over priced slotted angle iron and hardware from HD they cost about 280-290$ to light a 4x4. I used these to replace some Nanolux 315s that I like a lot and these have a much more even spread....and i don't have to spend hundreds every year on bulbs. Right now I'm building some flower fixtures, all said and done built for around 450 per 4x4

I've been invited to visit a company that manufactures mobile vertical rack systems for storage, libraries, and most recently the horticultural industry. I'll be taking a tour of their showroom. Not that I want to get involved with the big licensed warehouse growers, but because their showroom features SpecGrade's Verta 8 LEDs. I've become very interested in these after doing some research into leds. So I'll be seeing these bad boys up close & personal.

VERY good price on an excellent LED fixture. It's a closeout because the manufacturer is tied up in a lawsuit with some parts supplier. But the vendor (HTG) is offering their own three-year warranty, so. I own one of these and recommend it as a solid replacement for a 1k DE HPS.

www.htgsupply.com/products/nextlight-mega-pro-640w/

with LED's I have learned the hard way you get what you pay for.

i love the LED's i have in veg. I have 1 6 bar from Mammoth Lighting. This thius is a monster and it's fucking huge.

I have a smaller one in veg, next to a Mar Hydro (not my favorite - hint_) that i bought from China. This little thing is great and ran me about $300. full spectrum. if you want info, holler

The fixture I mentioned above is a high-quality unit; I own one and recommend without reservations. It's normally over $1k, so the asking price of <$400 is a SWEET deal. If I needed another light, I'd be all over this one.

Those little HLG 100s kick ass kazzy,i have 2 of those also.

Big I also use to run quantum t5s in veg,if you switch to LED you will be shocked at the power difference with no loss in light or plant health.

Katsu like kushyman said you need to run higher temps with LED,I run low 80s but some run up to 85 (which also saves on AC costs).One other thing ill add is you need to run more calmag with LED.

I am definitely still learning these lights after just 3 runs with them but i cant find much downside except price which i honestly beleive i will recoup fast.Because of where i live(so cal,uggh)my power is crazy expensive and goes up in three tiers from 18cents to 26cents and finally 43 cents a killowatt hour so i had to do something.
I have a half a dozen gavita 6/750s and just as many sunsystems 315s if anyones looking for a good deal,lol.:puffpuffpass:
How many leds and which are you running currently? Just wondering I’m in SoCal and sce is so expensive.30,.40.50 high usage but I just changed to time of use plan. See how it goes. Gonna be running 4 650w hlg scorpion diablos the older model(discontinued). I am stil finishing build out

Back