AITR (Afghani in the Raw) 2021

sticky is as sticky does
Started 9 of these (regular) seeds in peat moss + perlite on Tuesday, 4/20. Thanks to CTG and Ohsogreen for this preservation!

attachment.php

Friday morning: 5 of 9 are up. Keeping the soil moist with dribbles of water. Hope all 9 make it, I'd like to get a few ladies to choose amongst.

For those who don't know about the AITR: these are seeds from CTG, I believe they are the F6 generation. The original seeds were collected in Afghanistan prior to the Soviet invasion (mid-70s). Ohsogreen stored them and did open pollinations every few years since then, according to what I have read online. Perhaps [MENTION=4022]CTG[/MENTION] will chime in with more info.

All nine have shown themselves!

A couple have helmet problems but I'll wait a bit before I mess with them, they are too fragile right now.

attachment.php

you're gonna love the Aitr, I've run it a few times and have it in veg at the moment...really nice tight buds...great smack yo momma stone...

It’s definitely the best pure afghan I’ve seen since the mid 80’s. Prob the best affy I’ve grown.
-ct-

Okay, the helmet problems have been addressed, got nine sets of cotyledons reaching for the light. The first set of true leaves is showing on a few of them. Happy little buggers!

The most drought resistant plants I've grown! Early on I would watch for thirst droop to avoid overwatering. I never saw it.

Yeah [MENTION=209]przcvctm[/MENTION], I took a look at your thread to get an idea of what to expect. Looked like yours turned out quite compact, not much stretch at all. Be interesting to see how mine behave. Compact is good, but I like a little height/stretch because otherwise yield is small.

Nine days up. Seedlings are showing 2nd set of true leaves. Can I flower these yet? ;)

i was given some of the orginals years ago..i did not hear that anyone had found gold ..good to hear

Seems like the folks here at the cabana who are growing the F6 generation are finding things they like. Will be interesting to see.

for myself it’s “refreshing old school”..........can’t thank Ohso enuff for doing the maintenance on.....let alone initial grab......cause with all super poly hyb’s that contaminate pure genepools today.......it is a indica goldmine.....best that folks select phenos of like and continue ohso’s start.....of course without folks like CTG who graciously share efforts...much of wouldn’t see majority...

ganj on......

Back