Airborne G13

nannymouse

Can anyone explain the AbG13...as to history, but mostly want to know how it compares, growth and end product, to Pacific's.

Has anyone grown out what would be considered 'old' seed of .75 AbG13 or f2's of that particular mother-son (i assume) backcross?

Anyone know what was used as the outcross in the .75's that were released?

Strain G-13
Type Indica
Origin Mississippi USA
Breeder U.S. Government

Can pop this bubble quick, that was from the BCGA boards up there^^^

Type Indica-- hardly, many here have had it and it was pure sativa, grew like a vine and the end product tasted like shit/Burnt nuts. Fact is everything it was crossed with carried the "Shit/burnt nut" taste. It packed a wallop, the taste was most unpleasant, shit/Burnt nuts.

Origin Mississippi USA........Airborne has never even stepped into the great state of Mississippi, he got the clone from a friend of a friend of a friend.........confirmed in a conversation with him on IRC many years ago. There may be a few here who were present, you know who you are!!

Breeder U.S. Government...........maybe, but he would have had to have been to MS, see post above.

Mythbusters conclusion--------------busted

before the clone died there were 4 hybrids made, G13/Skunk, G13/NL, G13/ Hp and G13/Haze Airbournes is supossedly the G13/NL i have heard many times. Hope that doesn't stir up to much muck, lol....ndn:huh: My GHash is the 88G13/HP mixes well with some things as Mota has used it in Grendel and his new release. Right pheno can kick your ass old time puff needs to be crossed for any flavor but I like the heavy smoke old time cough up a lung smoke so it suits me fine.

its also used in green malinishi(spelling) i grab a pack when they came out. pretty sure its ur 88 g13/hp x pacific g13

I hope this isn't too off topic but does anyone have any info on XJ13? Moreso than the vague description that bluesky has of it?

Well all i can say is had a cut back in 01 or 02.was a india 4 sure.leafy type bud but the high was indeed stupidfy as some 1 said.it was a fav of mine 4 yrs.That was from the days of BGS.Was very unstable when me an Tall pines got it.yrs ago.:clap2:Was sent to a few different peoples around the world.Any 1 still have that 1>??????? Well to each his or her own take on it.But if it was a true G13 it would b great.Well little off topic but my experience.Also good read.Stay safe all an MERRY CHRISTMAS:thumright:
DnR

Can anyone explain the AbG13...as to history, but mostly want to know how it compares, growth and end product, to Pacific's.

Has anyone grown out what would be considered 'old' seed of .75 AbG13 or f2's of that particular mother-son (i assume) backcross?

Anyone know what was used as the outcross in the .75's that were released?

Hi nanny. I owned both clones but neither suited my fancy for smoke. Very mild weed. The strength of both was said to be as great outcrossers. Kind of like Bubba Kush. I discussed the lack of potency (for my taste) with Pacific regarding her clone and she told me it had great medical properties...could be true but I am not a med user so I wouldn't know. Her Purple G was better but still not strong enough for rmy taste.

Both had nice structure, with ABG13 having the harder buds. ABG13 had a bland taste, Pacific had more taste but it is hard to describe. Having grown out many G13/SK plants as well as hybrids and bxs I would say the Pacific G13 tasted more like I imagine the Nevil and Shanti's G-13 clone might. Nutty? I guess kind of.

I grew quite a few crosses but there were only three crosses I found worthwhile: Ghaze by Dutchflowers, and Killer Queen which both used the Airborne clone and BWG13 by Pacific, ctg and Clipsy which used Pacific's clone.

The Ghaze was a bx/recombinate so it was quite variable, but there were some beauty phenos. The BWG13 were quite stable and good weed. Killer Queen was quite good as well. Out of all of them I think on balance the Ghaze was quite a bit better than the other two if you got the right pheno(s). No surprise there though because the male used in the bx was Dutchflowers' Positronics Haze #19 x Nev Haze male...Uber Candy Haze I think they called it lol.

I think I may still have some of the .75 ABG13 seeds. I got them from Northwind, so he might know more about that if he is still around.

As for the origins of the original G13 plant Nevil used, although we will never know for sure, I believe it was just a potent plant with a made up history. Comparing Pacific's G13 to the pictures from the SSSC catalogue I can assure you her clone was not the original, but I believe it probably was a hybrid, although not a very good one. As others have mentioned ABG13, was supposed to be G13xNL, and I believe that is true.

My $.02.

Is anyone familiar with Klar by hashbean? Someone dropped the cutz from seed on me. Supposed to be a stabilized G cut but unsure if he was aiming for airborne or pacific. All 8 seeds popped with 7 being extremely uniform with one exception. One pheno is growing more like an OG. Very leggy with popcorn nugz all over. Whereas all other pheno's became bushes as wide as high. With huge mains. Heavy yielding for sure. But the odd one has really got me interested. So diff then the rest but looking to be more potent IMO
Peace

Hmm lots of insight. I smoked G13 in 1990.......ANd to this day..wish I had it. It was a killer indica. Very expansive...and potent.

I now have Pacifics G13...nice plant yields well and probably on avg an 8 out of 10. However at times she is super potent...retard/disable your butt quick!

Thats my understanding that AG13 is G13/nl.

Back