A bit Confused about CBD and Hemp

Snookster

Hey CC........The Lady of the house is requesting I buy her some pain killing CBD. Simple request, but I don't know
squat about CBD and Hemp oil. I brought her some GDP that was crossed with Harlequin (flower) and so she
didn't like smoking it. So it sits in my stash box, hardly touched. NOW....she wants either CBD or Hemp oil so
she can make her daily life bearable again. I'm asking that anyone of you please recommend something to me
so I can buy it for her. Is it Hemp or CBD oil??

Secondly, she heard that Hemp oil is made thru hemp flowers. Very confusing as I cannot seem to get any straight away
info concerning hemp flowers. If Hemp is made from the Male plant, what are they pressing to get to the oil, besides
the stalk leaves and plant itself?

Can you enlighten this old Fart??

Many thanks!

Snook

Hey Snook, it is confusing. CBD hemp looks just like a THC producing plant, the females grow big buds that are full of CBD resin. Industrial hemp is the tall, gangly fiber plant.

As for what product you want, that is tough to answer because there are a zillion different CBD products. If you have access to a dispensary, they probably have CBD edibles, which might be better than smoking for your gal. ANd that way you know it's pure and the dosage is clear.

Thanks for the quick reply guys! Annaba, that makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for the education!

180...Same to you Bro!

after I got a nice crop of Bubblegum ripped I put out a plot of hemp. Three years I think went by and I ws doing a better and better job of planting and weeding the hemp and last year it flowered pretty nice, big sativa like fans of flowers. I took the top 2' of the plants and dried it, decarbed and ground it like we do thc cannabis and Mrs baked with it. She loves the pain relief and gets a couch lock buzz. She also adds a little to yogurt or salad. She shared with a gal who uses cbd oil for pain and also gets high. SHe said it relieved pain and she was high. Well, I have a tolerance but I also have chronic pain and it does help a little. I do not get high on it. I now make my udvash night-caps with 50/50 hemp/pot. I get up in the night and I'm wrecked, dry mouth and all.
If this year's plants do so well and are not stolen I will have them tested. The MMJ dispensaries offer testing service for this.

Also, I picked up thc/cbd tincture and Mrs uses it and it works great. And a little seems to go a long ways, though the 2 oz bottle contains 150mg each. That much I could put into a couple cocktails. I bought a bottle of thc 300mg when I first got mmj and it didn't last more than a day and I didn't get wrecked. pfooo...

Snookster, I have a Magic Butter Machine along with the decarb box. If you would like your more than welcome to bring those buds up & we can make it into canna coconut oil or butter or...

I suggest buying CBD oil vis a vis Hemp Oil, which often means Hemp seed oil.

The original land race hemp naturally has high CBD and low THC, but was selectively bred to produce high THC and was subsequently labeled Marijuana.

The original land race strains don't produce that much oil, so high CBD strains were then selectively bred for high oil yield that is high in CBD and less than 0.3% THC.

That is what you should be looking for and the label should list how many miligrams of CBD are present.

Not all 'land race' cannabis was/is low thc or resin. In the olden days, 'hemp' was a word used for most ANY cannabis, no matter the thc levels.

It was not until recent history that 'hemp' became a term for low thc/industrial cannabis. I feel that this was done to confuse the public about the use of cannabis by our founding fathers/mothers. They used both high and low thc 'strains' AND they smoked some 'good stuff'. Do not let the modern term for hemp (below 3%, i believe) sway your thinking about WHAT was being grown and consumed in the years prior to the 1900's.

Nowadays, 'hemp oil' is oil pressed from the clean seed (no trichomes in clean hemp oil) of most any cannabis, and it should not contain thc, if pure. Very nutritious and good for topical uses. You have probably seen this in sun tanning oil forms.

cbd oil can be found in many 'strains' of cannabis, though usually very low to 0 in the 'strains' bred for a strong high, often bred out because it can modify the high. This is changing in the 'medical' cannabis world, because some folks just do not wish to be high, and it does have many healthy properties. As far as i know, it IS found in the trichomes. It can be relaxing, but i did want to mention that i have heard that thc works better for some, in the area of sleep issues.

Looks good slips, I can’t believe how expensive the topicals are selling for at king sooper. Between 30-$50. If need be I will take an Advil and smoke a bowl instead.

Not all 'land race' cannabis was/is low thc or resin. In the olden days, 'hemp' was a word used for most ANY cannabis, no matter the thc levels.

It was not until recent history that 'hemp' became a term for low thc/industrial cannabis. I feel that this was done to confuse the public about the use of cannabis by our founding fathers/mothers. They used both high and low thc 'strains' AND they smoked some 'good stuff'. Do not let the modern term for hemp (below 3%, i believe) sway your thinking about WHAT was being grown and consumed in the years prior to the 1900's.

Nowadays, 'hemp oil' is oil pressed from the clean seed (no trichomes in clean hemp oil) of most any cannabis, and it should not contain thc, if pure. Very nutritious and good for topical uses. You have probably seen this in sun tanning oil forms.

cbd oil can be found in many 'strains' of cannabis, though usually very low to 0 in the 'strains' bred for a strong high, often bred out because it can modify the high. This is changing in the 'medical' cannabis world, because some folks just do not wish to be high, and it does have many healthy properties. As far as i know, it IS found in the trichomes. It can be relaxing, but i did want to mention that i have heard that thc works better for some, in the area of sleep issues.

Please note the difference between hemp seed oil, pressed from seeds, and hemp concentrates extracted from the hemp trichomes. Different stuff with different properties.

Hee, hee, hee, I'm pretty sure someone thousands of years before our founding fathers started selectively breeding hemp for high THC, but the central point is that the cannabis plant by whatever name can produce either CBD or THC from CBG, but some different strains have been selectively bred to produce THC above typical land race levels. Both produce it via the trichomes, not from their seed oil.

By current standards, any cannabis plant containing no more than 0.3% THC is hemp, and above marijuana. A current problem in the hemp industry, is that Mother Nature's kitchen is not exact, so some crops come out slightly above 0.3% THC, so must be handled as drugs and remediated in some way.

Either CBD distillate or isolate crystals will work in a topical. I use isolate crystals at the rate of 1 gram per ounce of base and am currently using a Biotone Muscle & Joint Relief Therapeutic Massage Creme with Glucosamine, Arnica, Boswella, & Devils Claw for the base.

Relief is within a couple minutes and the pain just ceased to be. It works so good that everyone who tries it, immediately wants more. Typically starting with themselves, then their wives who tried it, followed by their sister, their daughter, son, a friend, a friend of a friend........et al.

I got 1 gallon/128 ounces of base delivered for about $70 and scored some isolate for $5/gram, for a total of $710 or $5.55/ounce. It doesn't take much, so a 4 oz canning jar lasts Grayfox and me a long time.

The upper Dakota. Northwest part. The state has medical, but the clinics near me have a 'NO' policy and the state has made it illegal for any list to be put on the internet. I refuse to go out searching the damn state for a doc. I could use an out-of-state doc recommendation, i think, if i could find one that would accept proof of multiple metal poisoning and other doc's dx of fibromyalgia, that i could send. Got the state's application all filled out except the doc's part and have a check already made out. What a pain.

Decided to wait it out to see if the voters pass rec in June. If that doesn't pass...(probably won't)...i'll probably be so irate.

So...if anyone knows a doc...

The upper Dakota. Northwest part. The state has medical, but the clinics near me have a 'NO' policy and the state has made it illegal for any list to be put on the internet. I refuse to go out searching the damn state for a doc. I could use an out-of-state doc recommendation, i think, if i could find one that would accept proof of multiple metal poisoning and other doc's dx of fibromyalgia, that i could send. Got the state's application all filled out except the doc's part and have a check already made out. What a pain.

Decided to wait it out to see if the voters pass rec in June. If that doesn't pass...(probably won't)...i'll probably be so irate.

So...if anyone knows a doc...

I know of a clinic in Oregon that takes out of state patients, with medical records, and signs off their Physicians sheet, so that they can obtain an OMMP card. I don't know how much difference that will make in N. Dakota.

Still a gorgeous time to visit Portland, where I can also connect you with the hemp CBD isolate source for $5/gram while it lasts. As it is legal in Oregon, you don't need an OMMP card, and if it were mixed in a topical, it is highly unlikely anyone would question you transporting it. If tested it would be less than .0106% THC.

A friend ask me where is the best place to purchase CBD oil from online and hopefully N.O.T. like that essential oil stuff but something that works anybody got a good link ??

Buds are small n fluffy i will extract ... but it does hv potential i selected that one out of 10

Smells good

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkIMGP2097.jpg

Last edited:
Back