93' Bubba Kush

JBP

So this is a new friend turnin me on to an old favorite...

Here we go...

When I think of Kush or the Kush aroma what comes to mind is exactly what I smell when I open this jar. Earth, spice, coffee, hints of musty ass skunk, leather, some kind of otherworld rootbeer. LOL Rootbeer of the gods!! LOL Along with OG this weed has what I would call a spectacular aroma. Very few things on EARTH smell this good. I think the 93 differs a little bit from the pre 98' cut. I think the 93 is earthyier and not quite as sweet. This has more coffee and funk to it than the 98 but not by much at all. We really are splitting hairs to be honest they are VERY similar.

Post grind this herb smells like an old world Italian wine to me...just rich and complex. Earthy and fucking nice as can be. I love the way this weed looks. The 93 is less purple than the other Bubba cuts but still has those tell tale purple calyx's as well as the "Kush crown" pointy ass nug shape. The buds look like little Bubba explosions!! I love the purple accents among the super frost of this strain, especially after you grind it.

Rollin this bitch up...

Dry hit is amazing, just like its lit. Smooth, smooth, smooth is all I can say after lighting this. I love how this weed tastes JUST like it smells. That is probably one of if not the most important factors to me. The weed tastes like a more intense version of its aroma...how many weeds can you say that about? The flavor is totally present the entire time you smoke the joint...it doesn't fade or dissapear like most strains. Even the last 1/4 inch of the joint tastes like new.

Here is the best part about this strain. It gets you FUCKING high. I'm talking cut through, you just smoked a joint and it gets high AGAIN type high. That's not saying it has what I would call an INTENSE high or anything, it's not like BPOG or Chem D...it's way more laid back and social than those. Still, this weed NEVER lets me down and regular people freak out when they smoke it. 9.5 times out of 10 people will tell me it's the best weed they have ever smoked. I'm inclined to agree.

I used to have 4 Bubba cuts. My S1 (which some of you guys know) BP's, This one, and one from bakedjohn. BP's yeilded the best, the 93' was the tastyiest and the baked john cut was a little inferior.

Now all those are gone from me...now the 98' cut is in my life and here comes the ol 93'. I also have my old S1 back for the first time in 3 years!! I think losing everything has put shit in perspective for me. I'm just happy to have this strain in my life in any incarnation!! These Bubba's are VERY close and I really think that I only need 2 max. Having said that, I recently started like 40 S1 seeds of the 98 cut and have about 5-6 phenos that are preeeeeeeeeeeeeeety fuuuuuuuuuucking goooooooooooood....I haven't smoked them but we will see.

Bottom line, Long live Bubba in ALL its forms including this here 93'. This shit is TOP NOTCH.

Most likely not.

People also call this one Kabers.

The person we got it from has been holding it since 93' and since his handle means nothing to anyone we gotta call it something. 93 was what he called it...in addition to Kabers. Whatever that means. LOL

Someone is selling seeds labeled 86' Bubba. Not making this up.

If your blessed to have it, pass it around to keep fools from paying 150 bucks for something called bubba.

Most likely not.

People also call this one Kabers.

The person we got it from has been holding it since 93' and since his handle means nothing to anyone we gotta call it something. 93 was what he called it...in addition to Kabers. Whatever that means. LOL

kabers means KB's, krippy buds, the cable.

swamp shit.

the g13 crew in the swamp also ran kabers, in 92-95......bubba, dawg.

I got some 1980 Haze Bros California Kush beans that the Bubba comes from I can let you have for 1500 bucks.

attachment.php

PMSL

Very descriptive, sounds sorta like an advertisement. I wonder where this is gonna go.

Bubba's are pretty bomb though ;)

Very descriptive, sounds sorta like an advertisement. I wonder where this is gonna go.

Bubba's are pretty bomb though ;)

Trust me...nobody is paying me to smoke Bubba Kush...I keep it ALL everytime.LOL

ahh man a deal like that can we get like 5 packs.
will gladly pay u next thursday. ;)
jb

Yeah man, If you buy 5 packs of the Kush I'll throw in a qp of Harlan's Cerebral Sativa so you got something to toke while you wait for the Kush to grow! lol

I've heard the name Kabers in reference to the origins of Bubba but have no idea what Kabers means or where I heard it.

The OP's comment about it being a bit more coffee and less sweet than the pre-98 sounds like the Katsu cut to me.

I think thats the old Bubba I used to have. It was given to me as Bubba like 10 years ago and you described it perfectly. Man I miss that plant. Thats the strain that got me
to where my growing abilities are today. Glad to see it's still around.

[MENTION=1267]bubblefunk[/MENTION] looky here! The pics are gone but the description is pretty accurate.

Bubba Kush~ Marbles

I found this one bubba kush that I call marbles. Marbles are pure resin glands.

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 3
Bubba Kush Purple

The best laid back Xanax type indica was this purple one. On this one, one truly has reached the top of the Himalayan mountain. She is a masterpiece.

Attachments

• 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 4
I made a mistake on the best bubba kush I've grown. This one is the best poi. This one is worthy of 9.5 status.

I wanted to add that it really doesn't matter on Pre 93, Pre98, Katsu, Green, or other. The real breeders worthy of recognition are those old Himalayans hash makers who have preserved lines like this for generations.

Pre-93 or Pre 98 could be used as identifiers of point in time. However, the claim to fame are those ganga growers in the mountains.

Those that found the pre98 or Katsu, or Green, or others were just clone collectors is all. Most of these folks had no interest in breeding.

Attachments

• 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 0
Sorry for the multiple messages. Though, this is advise I'd like to give to the younger folk as follows:

The key to finding a great great line in bubba kush would be to first obtain authenticated seeds. Then, use those 10 seeds and open pollinate to make about a hundred. Then, you grow out those 100 and find the standouts. Here is where you will find the holy grails, the 9.5s.

Get involved in breeding your own lines. Here is where you will find passion and love for the plant. Bubba Kush is just one line or seed of a multitude of great Himalayan lines.

Back