600w Vertical Hawaiian Cotton Candy/ double Sour Diesel x Sour Diesel / SkunkBerry

Tweakz

Hello folks thought I would start up another thread. This is my third grow and am only doing a few plants this time around, my yield was terrible on my last grow due to an infestation of spider mites. I am doing preventative maintenance now with neem oil and no rid pest strip. I am growing out 3 double sour diesel x sour diesel, one hawaiian cotton candy and one skunkberry all of the plants except one of the dsdxsd's. The hawaiian cotton candy is approx @ 10 weeks the other plants are @ 5-6 weeks. I am running a galaxy 1000w dimmable ballast turned down to 400w. My 1000w MH bulb burnt out and was thinking of purchasing a 400w CMH bulb but I am not sure if it is compatible with my dimmable ballast the MH bulb I had would not work unless the ballast is set to 1000w. So i'm running the hps bulb for now. Anyway here are some pics
time to enjoy some of this purple kush I traded some of my hawaiian cotton candy not sure if it's actual purple kush but it tastes amazing and smells very fruity.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
i have been growing vert from the beginning. not by intent at first, but it did not take long to see the results of the five foot parabolic far outweighed the two horizonals combined....every time.

i wish you much success! looks like you have a good start.....nice nugs....

i have been growing vert from the beginning. not by intent at first, but it did not take long to see the results of the five foot parabolic far outweighed the two horizonals combined....every time.

i wish you much success! looks like you have a good start.....nice nugs....

looking good tweakz!

just wondered if vertical would beat a single horizontal parabolic over a scrog?

well, like it or not, whatever you think is best is likely to be best in your situation. so just depends on knowledge going in. (or suspected knowledge) i chose to throw out the hoods and dome the ceiling after three years with the five foot parabolic and two standard horizonals. third quarter pre engineering physics...light theory was the driving force; i just could not bear the light loss behind the hoods. and as a contract landscaper, white was the only color for plant preferred deflected light.

i hung a vert parabolic. vert supplies an extra 10% light, if it is properly used can make a big difference. and nothing beats a parabola of revolution for effective light. i use a kind of v of green with tall plants growing along side the verticle hanging lamps....i free hang right now. summer heat may alter that practice. i know that does not answer your question....but it does supply some additional information. anyone else care to add?

Last edited:
:woot: Does your Cotton Candy taste like cotton candy? When I was about 15 I had some stuff that tasted like straight up cotton candy, gave me extreme cotton mouth too...hope yours is good too.

:woot: Does your Cotton Candy taste like cotton candy? When I was about 15 I had some stuff that tasted like straight up cotton candy, gave me extreme cotton mouth too...hope yours is good too.

It has a slight sweet cotton candy taste but much more of a bland earthy taste that just stays in your mouth. I wish I had some different pheno's of this girl but only have one and the fellow I got that from lost his mother. Shes a decent yielder I think in comparison to the barneys farm lsd I ran with atleast the pheno I grew out was a very low yielder and had real stringy buds, I didn't keep that pheno I will start more seeds in the future and try to find a better pheno :locomotive: Then again my entire crop was infested with spidermites so I am hoping for a better yield this time the hawaiian seemed more much more resisitant to the borg compared to the lsd.

Can I see a shot of the parabolic reflector? I have grown vert for years....but never used a reflector.

Great setup by the way. You can grow some nice trees with a vert setup....which helps keep the plant numbers down when legal.

I put my 12" carbon filter and and 6" inline fan in the center of the plants of the tent along with putting 5 gallon buckets upside down and placing the plants on them to get a good idea of the height loss the plants will be placed back on to the ground when they are transplanted since all the undergrowth will be trimmed off. The plants are either going to transplanted into 5 gallon or 7 gallon containers and vegged another 3 weeks after transplant.

picture.php

Tweakz,

Looking good in there.seem to b lovin the love.LOL Should b some monsters a coming soon.good job so far an good luck.the double diesel sounds good.well stay safe an well.
DnR

Not much new to report, I got the cooltube installed. I am starting flower at the end of the week temps are staying nice and cool. looking forward to what these girls are going to do in flower. Here's some updated pics enjoy! :puffpuffpass:

picture.php

picture.php

Hello folks I am having some issues with my plants the bottom leaves are turning completely yellow curling up and dying, is this a nitrogen deficiency? I am currently in week 1 of flower, using BC nutes with Fox farm open sesame, and budswel. I fed with 15ml bc boost, 15ml bc bloom, 1/4 tsp open sesame, and 30ml of budswel per gallon which came out to 1.2 EC and ph of 6.4 Up until last week I was using distilled water. I switched to tap water which I have been letting aerate for 24+ hours. I did discover my ph meter was off almost half a point which was causing drooping and purpling of the stems last week. I am just trying to get this issue resolved any input would be greatly appreciated.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NICE!
Maybe a little early for yellowing leaves, but I personally wouldn't add any nitrogen. I did as an experiment once and it gave me green alright, but also extended the grow. Finally I got so frustrated that I ended up pulling them at 8 weeks, no sign of amber at all. Still good smoke though... just didn't ripen as fast as they usually would have.
Make sure your water is PH correct, this may be the problem since you said you went to tap? Test it to see where it's at in PH.
I wouldn't worry about yellowing yet, it's at the bottom of the plant.
If it goes to the top or middle, then it's a problem.
I say dont worry, just keep an eye out..

Forgot to mention.... if you add nitrogen, it just might make it shoot leaves. You dont want leaf growth at this point.
You want all the energy to go into making flowers.

Everything looks the way it should at this point, some variaties just yellow a bit early, flowers look quite nice!

I got some of those dsd x sd and hazel beans going :)

can't wait to see what happens

Well not much new to report the girls are starting to stretch and buds are begging to form. I just took these pics right after lights out. They are 2 weeks into flower and coming along nicely hopefully the stretch will be done after this following week. Anyway here are some pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I got some of those dsd x sd and hazel beans going :)

can't wait to see what happens

I had dsd x sd along with hazel beans gifted to me, it was only a few of both, three of the dsd x sd germed and sprouted but none of the hazel did. I'm glad that the three did sprout ended up being females. Sad story though a mate stopped by to help with the cloneing.... well I did my part and his part to stick the clones into the rapid rooters was an epic fail ( I am blaming him 100%, but the half dozen or so hot knife 10 month cured lsd bubble ) he stabbed every clone about 1/4 of an inch through the bottom of each rapid rooter - he managed to stick one Skunkberry clone NOT all of the way through, low and behold I have 1 out of 50 rooted clones that were taken *sigh*.... I am still upset though none the less. I am wondering if I can take clippings from all the plants again and try to clone that way or will this stress the plants out too much and cause hermie to both the clones and mothers? I think I am going to try it since I don't have seeds of any of these strains and have no way of preserving them as of now. Any insight would be helpful guys and gals and always stay safe :whacky114:

{tweakz}

Last edited:
take more clones. they will just take longer to root and will probably cause some stress on your plant. but It may be worth keeping.

On the other side. I have beans of both hazel, dsd x sd, and hazel x dsd x sd left... also think there are a few packs floating around.

Nice thread tweakz. Yep The DSd sour deez hazel crosses are all special gems. Cant really go wrong with Rez Dawgs diesal and Soma's Nycd stinkiest male and working in Home grown Fantacy Super Silver Haze. You will know when you FInd The pheno Deez nutz. IT smells and taste like purple drink and gasoline. Almost to the point of to strong after a good 4 week cure.But for the diesal lovers its a gem. Covered in crystals and soooo stanky. I have the deez nuts pic in my album. Cant wait to see what yall get. NAda would love to see some pics of the DsD too. YOu can clone now take a lower branch. It will take longer to revert back to veg but you will have saved the pheno....and who knows maybe more will fall into your lap.from the pics looks like you have more of Super silver haze dominent. Should be good either way. There are also some purple phenos 1 of them is named Pnutz. There still are new ones to be found.Cant wait to see the show. Whats size containers you using? Looks like possible signs of rootbound. Yellowing of lower leaves is normal as a plant progresses in life, but what speed is it happening. To late to transplant now wouldnt risk the stress on a plant in flower.Next time you may one to get a larger size container and see if it slows the yellowing

Last edited:
so guys and gals not much more to report other then yellowing issues i was having with my plants was my new ph meter finally, after calibrating it and testing against my already calibrated meter it was almost 2 ph points off. I'm guessing that was cauging the yellowing of the leaves along with purple stems. Here are some shots at 5.5 weeks.

# Group shot, ( All of the DSDxSD phenos are on the right, SB on the front left and Hawaiian CC in the back left )

picture.php

# Skunkberry front, Hawaiian CC in the back

picture.php

# from left to right ( dsdxsd, Skunkberry, Hawaiian CC )

picture.php

# Hawaiian CC

picture.php

# Skunkberry

picture.php

# HCC compared to bic

picture.php

# Skunkberry compared to bic

picture.php

# DSDxSD compared to bic

picture.php

Back