600W Vert + 250W Horizontal Madness.. #1

ludacris

Chicken n Beer
Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I posted properly on here, but felt the need to share a little grow that is occurring right now. :locomotive:

Life has been quite busy, and a few ups n downs, all part of life i guess. Hope everyone is well anyway.

It is a very lazy style grow which comprises of 600w dangling vertically with fan underneath, and at the back, there is a 250w that I used for veg, and fed with tomato feed...

It is my second amateurish attempt, and there are various gifted hacks mostly from UK growers.

The grow is currently 35 days in, but the pics are just a collection of randoms from veg to flower, so you can get some idea of what is going on in the dark corners of my mind. :scratch:

Anyway on with the pics, enjoy! :bond:

Basically, I grew about 30 seeds, and vegged em under the 250w'er, but I grew em too big, so chopped em back, and started again, to achieve a circle of taller plants surrounding a circle of shorter plants....

The pics may make more sense with this story.

I also got rid of males along the way, and the end result was about 15 plants, but not counted them, so not really sure.

All in all there are probably about 8 different hacks there, mostly c99 crosses.

Yeh I am currently doing a scrog, will upload pics when I get time, but life is hectic trying to keep bills paid sorry. I don't know where my pics have gone from above, but I cant see them.... :help:

Got exodus cheese, mr.nice s.h.i.t., spacequeen, another cheese, and sicko x blues.... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 14
A interesting grow. I loved my scrog grows and always would take and bend the stem at the screen 90 degrees and let the branch grow horizontally under the screen and after I got floral stage going I would remove alot of the fan leaf, or tuck and pull them under the screen exposing the bud to the light and it was just a massive sea of buds above the screen. It was alot of work and learning how to time your strains growth rate to go from vegy to floral session and keep all from over growing the screen, but each grow I did I learned more and more and each grow allowed me to get better and better. One can really expand their skills if you stay with a one strain under the screen.
Looking good and hope you the best.

I forgot to mention that this new grow is coco in hempy buckets, and using Vitalink grow and bloom. Awesome growth and I am really enjoying it. Thanks for everyone who has popped in. :welcome:

Can anyone else NOT see the old pics?? I honestly do not know what happened to them...

I am new to the Island, but I understand it as the last upgrade lost alot of pictures. I was thinking it was me not understanding how to see them, than I got to the more recent post and seen pictures. I enjoyed looking over yours and I too ran coco in a few different systems. Heck I loved a 50/50 mix of perlite and coco mix and used buckets and hand watered them for a few years. Moving sucked, and even moving again, so maybe I get back to the hydro system some day.

few shots of exodus cheese and mystery cheese :bond:

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    335 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    339.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 3
I keep trying to figure out how your lights are set up and how the plants look under them?:scratch:

Okay after more reading in threads I have figured it out, it is the lights that are vertical or horizontal and not the grow. I was just twisted up a bit.

Last edited:
Just a quick update, drying as we speak...

Mr Nice 'SHIT' still in bloom...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    319.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    310.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    324.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 5
I keep trying to figure out how your lights are set up and how the plants look under them?:scratch:

Okay after more reading in threads I have figured it out, it is the lights that are vertical or horizontal and not the grow. I was just twisted up a bit.

TBH one light is vertical, and one is horizontal, and it is a scrog, and the sideway shots of the plants is because they are falling over from weight, and I don't have time to prop them up. :wave:

ludacris, I eventually figured it out. I got lost a bit because I took vertical as a vertical scrog and I just did not see it. It is work that way but worked for me.
I see your set up does put out for you and that is what is improtant.
Nice bud pics and have to ask how is "spacequeen" ?

ludacris, I eventually figured it out. I got lost a bit because I took vertical as a vertical scrog and I just did not see it. It is work that way but worked for me.
I see your set up does put out for you and that is what is improtant.
Nice bud pics and have to ask how is "spacequeen" ?

Nah bro, the first grow which the pics have gone missing for, was vertical plants with a 600w down the centre, hanging vertically, and 250w hovering at the back, horizontally...

This grow was scrog as can be seen, with bulbs hanging same way... :bond:

Sorry for confusion.

The spacequeen is very nice, will get back to you with a proper report, not very good at describing it, but its a keeper for sure... and god bless the folk who passed it my way... :ty:

Back