5 Pack Genetics

5PackGenetics

About 5 Pack Genetics:

I practice multiple-male open-pollination on a craft level, and I select heavily for morphology. I release regular photoperiod sensitive seeds, because I like the opportunity for growers to make their own seeds, and I believe sex identification is an important skill. I practice multiple-male open-pollination breeding, because I like the idea of multi-packs, it's my way of working against the bottleneck, it can't be copied, and it makes the plants you find unique.

I started a donation style seed distribution company through Instagram in 2020, and have given away over 10k seeds. As of this post, I have released 359 crosses. Many people's first grow started with my work.

I have lost many collections due to unforeseen circumstances, but the worst was my collection of bagseed from the brick days. RIP 🙏

I am currently working on a Midwest Landrace project. Cannabis grows wild in my state, and it's how I started learning to grow. I have made 2 major seed collections from the feral cannabis here - both before our hemp program began and polluted the gene pool with modern hemp genetics. I believe the genetics to be a mix of (Ancient US landrace x Spanish Conquest x Founding Fathers hemp x Hemp for Victory) genetics, which have been growing wild now for roughly 80 years. In the 70's, a professor from the local university studied the feral genetics here, and found very low cannabinoid levels. I am unsure of how they have changed by being in the wild this long, but my thought is they have increased in variety and complexity. The sure thing is they offer unique local pest resistance, and have adapted to the Midwest climate. You can find everything from squat to skyscrapers, and beanpoles to Christmas tree shapes in the fields. The current male I'm running smells exactly like cat piss, and is a (Midwest Landrace x THC males) selection. He is pollinating the clones I have laying around, which will make (THC x (Midwest Landrace x THC)).

The first round of Midwest Landrace crosses I made were labeled Outdoor Monsters, and were made in 2016. I made the second seed collection during Covid, and they are called Pandemic, so I could remember when they were gathered. The first collection was made randomly from the largest mothers I could find, but by the second collection, my understanding of genetics and breeding had advanced, and I was more purposeful in my mother selections. There are 3 Pandemic mothers: Large, Purple, and Especial. The "Large" was from a handful of large, branchy, and large cola mothers. "Purple" was from the only purple mother I have found in all my feral hemp adventures - almost black. Testers have found the black phenotype in seeds from this selection as well. "Especial" was a mother who I could smell from several feet away.

I accept seed donations to work into my lines, so please reach out if you'd like to put your name in the guest book!

Breeders I have worked with:
Coats Genetics
Irie Genetics
DJ Short
World of Seeds
Blackbird Preservations
Snow High Seeds
Boneyard Seeds
Canuk Seeds
Probably Fire Genetics
Artisans of Dank
Barney's Farm

Breeders I would like to work with (to name a few):
Crockett Family Farms
Khalifa Genetics
Jinxproof Genetics
Golden Coast Genetics
Freeborn Selections
Family Tree Seeds
Coastal Seeds Co
AK Bean Brains
Lemon Hoko

Attachments

• 20240127_084455.jpg
    20240127_084455.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 10
Interesting project.

We used to see wild hemp along highway 70 going west. Tried smoking it once. Wasn't good.

(Ancient US landrace x Spanish Conquest x Founding Fathers hemp x Hemp for Victory)
That's quite a lineage.

Last edited:
Back