4x8 scrog reports ?

i think the closest thing you might find to that is lathe - its what you nail on the side of the house before you spray stucco - this used to be my go to material for the bottom layer of my scrog

melon you dont think the chicken wire would cut into the plant ? ive scrogged a hand full of times but i handmade a ghetto screen with pvc and nylon string lol

Lowes and Home Depot carry this green plastic 2"x2" holed poultry fencing it's called. It only comes in a 2 foot wide by 25 foot long roll, at least that is what I found and used for my indoor set ups. How do you hold them together if you want to cover 4' wide area, use those small mini zip ties, or just twisty bread ties, thin copper wire, just about anything I have used.

ultimately i want something rigid along these lines...and with the same size openings..

Attachments

• 1510549_629145067149491_155697862_n.jpg
    1510549_629145067149491_155697862_n.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 16
melon you dont think the chicken wire would cut into the plant ? ive scrogged a hand full of times but i handmade a ghetto screen with pvc and nylon string lol

There is a green plastic chicken wire plastic wire.jpg
for gardening that I used to use for my 2ft x 4ft SCROG growing AK47.. worked great as the holes were just a wee bit larger then the basic metal stuff.. this green plastic is usually used to build walls around gardens to keep pests out so it's very strong.
I did find I had to tie the center down to avoid it being pushed up by the plants, but no biggie. Then I used a crochet tool crochet tools.jpg
for pulling the bud sites up through the holes.. with no sharp edges the plants can rub against it with no issues.. hope this helps... most mom's have the crochet tools, lol

Concrete fencing from home depot. Also if interested all my grows are 4x8 scrog/net setups 2k per table.

Trend, thanks for droppin in...question, how often, and how far if they did, did your colas, buds etc fall outside the actual 4x8 footprint ? i know that 4x8 with 2k gives 64.5w/sq ft so plenty of wiggle room...just curious if you found they usually laid over outside the 4x8 and if you saw an issue with the 1k each covering 16/sq ft or maybe actually when it was all said and done each 1k was covering say 55" x 55" etc ...thanks...elk..

It all depends on your reflector or if you have rows (side lighting). Usually I get around a foot over hang. Single table maybe 6 inches. Vertizontals cover a good 5ft wide though @ 24" over canopy. Stocky plants will stay within the boundaries and still yeield but you have to compensate with additional height/depth of canopy. A good 18" over your first net is needed if youre aiming for 2+.

Trend, thanks for droppin in...question, how often, and how far if they did, did your colas, buds etc fall outside the actual 4x8 footprint ? i know that 4x8 with 2k gives 64.5w/sq ft so plenty of wiggle room...just curious if you found they usually laid over outside the 4x8 and if you saw an issue with the 1k each covering 16/sq ft or maybe actually when it was all said and done each 1k was covering say 55" x 55" etc ...thanks...elk..

I guess I can be of some help here......:hmm:

Though what I'm running isn't exactly a sea of green set up,my foot print is roughly the same.
I'm at 45'' wide and 7ft long measuring the bottom board that my plants rest on.
And....I run two 1kw lights.

First....'' .how far if they did, did your colas, buds etc fall outside the actual 4x8 footprint ?''

If you start training them when they are short enough and use multiple levels of material,they should stay within the frame work.
If you get behind like I did on this run they will grow 1 to 2 feet outside of the ''foot print ''. That pic with the rigid frame is a good example.
Of keeping them within the frame......
attachment.php

Next.... ''just curious if you found they usually laid over outside the 4x8 and if you saw an issue with the 1k each covering 16/sq ft ''

I run reflectors with no glass and spaced them about a foot apart,they throw pretty intense light from wall to wall in a room that is probably 10' x 12'.
There is obviously some degradation in the size of the bud's the further away from the bulb you get

Feel free to go to my profile and look in my ''Thread Pic's'' ...... my last run was more controlled and I had less plants.

picture.php

This run I'm crowded and put my first netting in way too late.
It will mean more work later on keeping the buds upright.

I should have put the first netting in about here.....
picture.php

Instead of up here.....

picture.php

Hope that helps....:laugh:

Elkie you fire- ing up an indoor again ? Sounds fun ! I want to set up 4 to 6 lighter myself.
FIRE IT UP

im working on a hard screen, multi layer screen, that is adjustable mid grow if need be..trying to stay 3 plant in bloom / 3 in veg Colorado compliant...so over the noid factor...although i would def go outlaw on a couple outdoor sativa scrogs :exactly: peace..elk..

elk why don't u get med papers for more plants? i got 48 in boulder but headed to durango next week to up that to 99....

Reactions: mre
Back