2024 Outdoor

AJ89

Here's my game plan for my little backyard outdoor located in far Northern California. 6 full term planted in 45 gallon Grassroots fabric pots planted out by June 1st. I'll also be doing a bunch of late season sativas in 10 gallon nursery pots planted out by August 1st, and more than likely finished off in my greenhouse. I plant late and keep everything intentionally on the smaller side to keep the county and rippers from getting to nosy. Everything will be grown all organically in living soil, with multiple species of beneficials as my main source of IPM. Most everything will be going straight into my freezer for fresh frozen. I'll post a pic below of my soil recipe for the full term if anyone's interested, it's for just a little over a yard of soil. (1.2 yards) What's everyone else game plan this year?2024 Outdoor _240123_203059_1.jpg20240123_203159.jpg

sounds cool to me. Do you think you will need to add supplemental light to the late season sativas?

I have only grew 2 outdoor crops total and never used a greenhouse, suplemental/mixed light, or tried light dep growing.

At the end of the day I honestly think that proper greenhouse growing with mixed light in a dialed environment can potentially be better than indoor and cost a lot less to grow.

For now I’m staying with indoor. Mainly because it’s way easier to control all inputs as well as it still produces better flower IMO.

The guys that have been growing a long time that have started putting badass mixed light greenhouses up seem to be killing it! I probably should have paid more attention and listened to them 5+ years ago!

It’s definitely a lot harder over the last five years to make a dollar no matter how you grow!

Na they'll finish fine, the only thing I usually have to do is put a heater in there for those cold nights. I'm in zone 9b though so it never really gets to cold. Idk about the indoor being better man, I'll throw my organic sun grown terps up against anyone's indoor any day. I'm definitely not knocking the indoor at all, but I feel the terpene profiles are much more developed under the sun. I grow both and I'd take my fresh outs over my fresh ins any day. You are 100% right about having more control over the indoor though.

Great lineup man🤙I usually run a nice mix of about 20 plants in total outdoors each year. Unfortunately I'm up in Zone 3 Canada, I'd love to run more sativas! I have been trying to start them indoors, flip to flower for 4-6 weeks indoors then move them out to finish for the last half. I'll agree with the Suns ☀️ amazing ability to bring out super loud complex terpene profiles. Organic input amended living soil for the win 🏆 🙌 💚🌱🤙✌️

In
Here's my game plan for my little backyard outdoor located in far Northern California. 6 full term planted in 45 gallon Grassroots fabric pots planted out by June 1st. I'll also be doing a bunch of late season sativas in 10 gallon nursery pots planted out by August 1st, and more than likely finished off in my greenhouse. I plant late and keep everything intentionally on the smaller side to keep the county and rippers from getting to nosy. Everything will be grown all organically in living soil, with multiple species of beneficials as my main source of IPM. Most everything will be going straight into my freezer for fresh frozen. I'll post a pic below of my soil recipe for the full term if anyone's interested, it's for just a little over a yard of soil. (1.2 yards) What's everyone else game plan this year?View attachment 357096View attachment 357097
nice line up!

Na they'll finish fine, the only thing I usually have to do is put a heater in there for those cold nights. I'm in zone 9b though so it never really gets to cold. Idk about the indoor being better man, I'll throw my organic sun grown terps up against anyone's indoor any day. I'm definitely not knocking the indoor at all, but I feel the terpene profiles are much more developed under the sun. I grow both and I'd take my fresh outs over my fresh ins any day. You are 100% right about having more control over the indoor though.
I honestly can’t disagree whatsoever bud I’m in 8A and both times I grew outdoors the caterpillars tortured me. However 30 years ago when I lived in NOCAL I still think the outdoor weed was better than today’s indoor. It also seems increasingly difficult to find good outdoor in SOCAL these days.

I will say that the Snowman an old connect in NOCAL grew probably 15 years ago is still the best smoke I have ever smoked!

Cheers to everyone growing that still grows top notch smoke!

Peace

Back