“Layering” let’s have some fun

hevvyeyes_grows

Yo! First post here, hope everyone is starting the year off with a bang!

I’m curious about using the layering technique for cultivating roots…

The plan is to take one of my gals who is severely overgrown in her 1 gallon, and lay her sideways across my 3x3 bed and have some fun experimenting. A buddy brought up the idea of burying the branches that are facing downwards and seeing if we could get those to root… does anyone have any experience doing something like this? I’ve done some research on air layering, but wasn’t sure if I should treat this idea the same. Any input is appreciated!

Get your grow on! ✌🏻
-Hevvy

I recall an old story (cannot recall from whom) where the guy had planted a thai. It got too tall in his yard, so he staked down the branches. They took root and got too tall, so he staked those down, too. By the end of the year, that one plant had covered his back yard.

I recall an old story (cannot recall from whom) where the guy had planted a thai. It got too tall in his yard, so he staked down the branches. They took root and got too tall, so he staked those down, too. By the end of the year, that one plant had covered his back yard.
That’s awesome lol bet that was a sight to see!

Welcome to TCC! :island:

Your science is accurate! Lots of veg time will be needed to fill the entire bed, but I’ve seen many single plant ScRoG (Screen of Green) setups that rock! 💪🏻

The competitive pumpkin growers bury shoots to expand their root systems. Have wondered if it would benefit a big cannabis plant. I usually just cut off the bottom several branches, but maybe this season I'll experiment with a couple plants outside.

Back