Worth the price?

2broke2smoke

professional pothead
I have the opportunity to purchase 11 platinum p1200 LED fixtures for USD $1800.00 that works out to like $165.00 each. They are 3 years old with two years of warranty left on them. My concern is they are not full spectrum LED's, I guess they would be considered blurples, which most people I speak with do not hold in high regard. As I have no experience with LED grow lights I would love to hear from peeps that have no skin in the game, as to weather or not these are worth the price of admission;D

2B2S

Could you elaborste? Are they worthless for veg and bloom or just for bloom? I just lost my last 630w DE CMH ballast and am down to 1 nanolux DE HPS ballast.

I would love to have 6 of hlg 650r's bud dont have 6k burning a hole in my pockets atm. There is absolutely no way I would spend $1300.00 on the P1200's, but @ $165.00 I was thinking they might ve worth taking a chance. So in essence you are saying these lights are junk:(

Thanks for the response:D

2b2s

2b2s

690w at the wall for flowering. I checked out their website, it doesn't look like they are the old school blurples; says they use a 12 band spectrum of diodes including UV and IR. The manufacturer says they are the most efficient light on the market, equal to 1500w of HPS. Unless the product has been changed/upgraded in the three years since he bought them, that is. Same model number. ???

2broke, why is the dude selling them? They look good and the price is crazy cheap. Only thing is, I doubt the warranty will transfer to you. Usually change of ownership will void a warranty. You might want to check that out with the manufacturer...

Ultimately it would be good to see one powered up, to see whether it's blurple crap before you buy them.

He is selling them because he went to the fluence soyder led's. He says the P1200 did a good job, but not as good as his fluence :D

I have seriously considered the Verta 8's. https://specgradeled.com/grow/verta/ With the 10 year warrantee on the led's, and a 7 year warrantee on the drivers. Which makes it the best in the industry. Or the Fluent Spyder's. I've seen the Verta's in action at my wife's companie's showroom, and they are, by far, the brightest lights I've ever seen. Imagine having a sweet spot the entire panel. Not just the middle of the lamp like HPS. That right there would increase yields. Never having to replace bulbs, and no loss of brilliance. Verta's are cheaper than the Spyders.

^^^ Yup. That's one reason why they tell you to keep them 18" away from the plants.

I have seriously considered the Verta 8's. https://specgradeled.com/grow/verta/ With the 10 year warrantee on the led's, and a 7 year warrantee on the drivers. Which makes it the best in the industry. Or the Fluent Spyder's. I've seen the Verta's in action at my wife's companie's showroom, and they are, by far, the brightest lights I've ever seen. Imagine having a sweet spot the entire panel. Not just the middle of the lamp like HPS. That right there would increase yields. Never having to replace bulbs, and no loss of brilliance. Verta's are cheaper than the Spyders.

What are the chances these last beyond the warranty?

How much is actually saved on cooling? I've read that their isn't a lot of savings on cooling depending on brand/model.

Currently, 10 years worth of bulbs will run me around $450 if I buy them all at once. I'm trying to justify purchasing some LEDs but I'd like them to last almost indefinitely considering the price.

It's amazing how high the prices still are, and I understand it, not complaining, but this tech was supposed to take over the industry long ago and it seems like they've only recently put all the finishing touches on 'em.

I had an all blue light led fixture years ago. It grew very tight buds with hps supplemental lighting. I usually stuck 1 large plant under it and would get qp to half pound depending on the strain.

That's a good link, Defacto. LEDs are not perfect and still hella expensive, but I am happy with mine. Also happy that I purchased units that have a solid warranty, as I have gone through two drivers already. Apparently the drivers don't last for shit if the ambient temps approach 90F, which they did this summer in my tent, unfortunately. AC in my basement's future, I think... It gets too warm down there in the summer. Gotta protect my investment, and my flowers.

Yeah Witchking, I'm not saying dump your HPS and run out and spend a grand on a LED fixture... but they have really improved since the blurple days. Many good choices available now. I was an HPS guy for 20 years, and I'm happy with the change to LEDs.

I wonder what the next paradigm shift will be, after LEDs? I have no idea!

Witchking: my LED fixtures draw 650w and produce 2200 BTUs each. So 2/3 the wattage and 1/2 the heat of a 1k HPS. The coverage is 5'x5' flower, 7'x7' veg. I find they are almost too bright for my use, have to keep 'em pretty good distance from the plants. Additionally, the spectrum is better, more blue light than an HPS, so not as much stretch to deal with, and excellent yields.

Back