Who has the best pizza recipe out there?

l337

I have been wanting to make a pizza from scratch. So who out there has the best pizza recipe?

I have been wanting to make a pizza from scratch. So who out there has the best pizza recipe?

The best recipe is:

Rosso's recipe.It's here on the boards.

The definitive thread on Pizza.Have you read it?It's pretty hard to miss for anyone who likes Pizza,and who doesn't like Pizza? :D

1337..pizza flows through my veins and I have spent decades researching..

you can't miss my pizza thread" Rosso's pizza madness " and it might take an hour or 2 to read through it but if your a pizza lover I think you'll find it educational..

if any questions arise please feel free to PM me..

The best recipe is:

Rosso's recipe.It's here on the boards.

The definitive thread on Pizza.Have you read it?It's pretty hard to miss for anyone who likes Pizza,and who doesn't like Pizza? :D

I was just trying to figure which style was best as some like Chicago and others like NY.

1337..pizza flows through my veins and I have spent decades researching..

you can't miss my pizza thread" Rosso's pizza madness " and it might take an hour or 2 to read through it but if your a pizza lover I think you'll find it educational..

if any questions arise please feel free to PM me..

Thanks rosso reefo, I had scanned through you're thread really quick and if it's the avatar you have as your pizza, it looks damn good! I was really high that night I posted that because I was craving pizza hehe

https://www.thecannacabana.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4651 Here ya go 1337. Best Pizza thread in the universe! "Rosso's Pizza Madness."

Thanks muggles, I will have to go to store and buy all that stuff. I wish I had a brick oven :D Looking into a 2stone

I use to have a ton of pictures on there..I've noticed with older threads the attached files disappear..anyone know why??

I use to have a ton of pictures on there..I've noticed with older threads the attached files disappear..anyone know why??

The old brain is getting kind of foggy here,but I know that we changed servers awhile ago and lost some of our older pics.Can't remember if the site had a malfunction too,or not...stoopid forgetful brain won't remember for sure.I think Dman mentioned that we had lost some pics that couldn't be salvaged.

i agree muggles..

yes 650-700 i would prefer but if you can get to 550..

you can make dang good pies

yeah, Muggs and Mel..550 works just fine..

1337, I had my 2 stone for years, the one that sets into your propane webber and after 100s of pizzas the top stone cracked..think I paid $275 for it back then..been real happy with my new Blackstone pizza oven so far..2 months old now and my only complaints is the bottom edge of the crust doesn't brown as well as the top part..for 300 bucks I'm happy with it, especially that the unit has a small electric motor that turns the stone as the pizza bakes..this sucker can get hot too..950 is no problem but the top can burn so I keep it at 600..seems like more heat goes to the top of the oven then the bottom..
personally I think my 2 stone baked a better pizza but the blackstone is so much easier and only takes 10 minutes to heat instead of 1 hour for the 2 stone..that's a big savings in propane..
you should be able to find it on Amazon..Blackstone pizza oven..

here's an update of my pizza dough recipe that's been slightly tweeked..I've tried many( about 100 ) different versions of pizza dough but this is my personal favorite..
a bakers scale and a kitchenaid standup mixer are a big help..something every kitchen should have..

pour 435 grams of ice cold water into the mixing bowl..9 grams of kosher salt..1/2 teaspoon of fast rising bread yeast and 515 grams of bread flour..mix with paddle attachment for 3 minutes..set it aside with a plate covering the bowl for 30 minutes..
step 2..now add an additional 170 grams of bread flour with 2 teaspoons of olive oil..attach dough hook and knead for 5 to 10 minutes..I've found over kneading the dough over heats it so you just want to do it enough to where it's elastic..
cut dough into 3 pieces..I weigh them equally and they should come out to anywhere between 370 to 375 grams per piece..enough to make 3 12 inch pies..
using both hands and a bit of flour curl the dough into a ball..it's going to be sticky..then pinch the bottom to seal it..this will trap all the gas produced by the yeast..place each ball, pinch side down, into separate Tupperware containers and seal lids..place in fridge for 24 to 48 hours..
please do not use a rolling pin..this will destroy the dough..
on a floured surface gently poke the dough outwards with your finger tips starting from the center, then place dough over your fist and using your other fist stretch the dough out leaving a nice rim..
it takes a bit of practice but sure beats most anything you can buy..:eat:

Thanks rosso, I am still waiting to try it but have to wait for this weekend so wife can make it as she is the cook lol

Hey Rosso, you should open a pizza place up. Also what oven would you think would work the best for pizza?

1337..I would love to open a pizza place and have given it much consideration..
however as a former restaurant owner and having worked in hot kitchens for 35 years just don't want to deal with the stress and employees anymore..
If I could find some youngster who's enthusiastic and willing to take the plunge I'd be happy to train him and maybe work 2 hours a day..:gramps:

best oven, wood fired but to much hassle for making at home..
as I recommended above, your oven should work fine at 550 and if you get more serious about it go with the 2 stone or Blackstone pizza oven..

Cool, thanks rosso. Now what's is the best strain to smoke while eating a pizza for you hehe

New York sour diesel

Been trying to get the ecsd strain but it looks like another 2-3 weeks. Can't wait! Hopefully it's the real deal!

@rosso If we want the bubbles to come up on the pizza how thick do you think should be the max as I like the bottom to be little thicker

you'll have to experiment with that 1337..I like the bottom of my crust thin..give a 1/4 inch a try..

nothing goes better with pizza then beer but smoke wise with what I have in my garden now I would go with Pineapple..:thumright:

Back