Tips for working with molasses

denver nuggets

Kush Fan
Any tips out there for working with molasses and getting the viscosity a little easier to use when making teas? Much appreciated and thx in advance!

I haven't used molasses in awhile but when I did I'd submerge the jar half way in hot water to soften it up.
It mixed well in making teas at that stage. Mix the molasses and some warm water in a Solo cup then add it to the tea

Last edited:
Any tips out there for working with molasses and getting the viscosity a little easier to use when making teas? Much appreciated and thx in advance!
Denver Nuggets,
I have been studying how plants actually feed and how Tea's really work. There is a great misunderstanding about Tea's. Unless you are using sterile ingredients like chemicals (don't use chemicals in your cannabis) please.

Tea's are linear in how they work, are consumed and how they feed your microbial colonies. Microbes and bacteria feed on other microbes and bacteria.

The dominant microbial group will feed on its preferred microbes. As those are depleted the 2nd preference for the dominant and the next largest group of microbial life feeding will consume they're preferred food source.

Many people think that Tea's steep and mature in nutrients for your plants. (THIS IS INCORRECT) Tea's immediately start degrading once mixed together. They eventually become innert ingredients with no nutritional value.

If you are growing in soil, living organics (consider this) Molasses is just the beginning of possibilities. Sugars that are produced by plants are readily available to be picked up by other plants. Why store those energies in a bucket now that you know how they work?

They need to be mixed in smaller batches and used directly in your soil, doesn't that make more sense? The combination of Tea's in your soul I call Fungal Repositories .

I make a thumb sized hole 14" deep in my 18" of soil with an aluminum rod. The first picture is a day or so after feeding the repositories (holes) the colonies of fungus and bacteria start feeding immediately on the ready available sugars.

you can watch your plants fill out and leaves are praying in the sunshine. I have done this indoors as well and plants thrive. In my never ending desire to improve my growing environment I bought a greenhouse.

I use whole eggs, watermelons, strawberries, blueberries, pineapples, cantaloupe and honeydew melons.. I will post soil preparation that I start a month or two before seedlings or clones..
Peace farmerlion
20230531_090157.jpg20230531_090427.jpg20230529_120556.jpg20230904_102912.jpg20230915_091830.jpg

When i cook beets, i often use the bright color leftover water to supplement...probably would be much better 'raw'. I do, also add a little molasses, but just occasionally. got buckets of bokashi going, sometimes i use a little of the juice from those, but a little goes a long way!

As far as a molasses 'tip', i try to clean the top of the bottle, and the cap every time...or well, you know.

Back