Super Silver Haze

Freakshow

this has probably been covered a few times but....
i recently had the privilege of smoking some super silver haze. Needless to say I LOVED IT. took me back to the 80's when smoking grass was trippy, visual, giggly and fun. I really want this girl in my stable.
my question is this: which Super Silver Haze seeds should i order? If my memory is correct, Mr Nice did it first. That's the way I am leaning. anyone have a suggestion of a different seed company they've tried and loved?

Wise choice weed hopper! LOL
Thats the one I would go for also, mostly because I truly think Nevel had his hands in it. And I'm all about anything that Nevel worked on. The SSH that I have is from Mr. Nice, I tried to do a seed run last year but only got a male plant to work with, so I mated him with KM. They will be grown out this year to check out. The male SSH that I did grow out, grew tall, 7-8 feet, Christmas tree shape, inter nodes 4 inches apart and slow to flower. Reminded me of an old school Colombian. I'm going to try again this year to do a seed run of the SSH that I have.
The SSH that you tried, where was it from, and what was its profile.

I grew the Nr Nice version as well. Great plants. A few different phenos.
There's speculation that Mr Nice had lost 1 of the parents for it and the newer version is different. I've heard a lot of people recommend the Mango Haze now over it now. Couldn't say

Here's some pics of a couple of mine

Attachments

• sshhhhhhhhh.jpg
    sshhhhhhhhh.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 65tuuyu.jpg
    65tuuyu.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC03516.jpg
    DSC03516.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 22
  • njlbxx.jpg
    njlbxx.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 20
I thought Mr Nice made it and Grenhouse, as per usual, stole it. I could be wrong....... same with Nirvana.
I think Nevel made it and everyone else stole it. Here is a little history I picked up on the world wide web.
In 1991 Nevel Schoenmakers sold The Seed Bank to Sensi Seeds where he worked for a short time as their head breeder, before founding the Greenhouse Seed company with Arjan Roskam. ( That would suck, having to work for the people you just sold your Co. to ) Then Scott Blakey, also known as Shantibaba steps into the picture. Then In 1994, Scott Blakey co-founded the Greenhouse Seed Co. with Arjan Roskam in Amsterdam. They worked closely with Neville Schoenmakers and together, they won many awards including the Cannabis Cup for White Widow, Super Silver Haze, White Rhino, and El Nino1. Blakey brought with him an extensive seed collection upon his arrival in the Netherlands, which became the foundation of the Greenhouse Seed Co. However, in 1998, Scott Blakey sold his share of the company to Arjan Roskam, making Arjan the sole owner of the firm. After selling his share in Greenhouse Seed Co., Blakey went on to establish other cannabis companies, including Mr. Nice Seedbank, CBD Crew, and Sciva Corporation.

So ya see Mr. Nice didn't come to be until after sensi and greenhouse. I think Scott has some explaining to do.

The best I could gather is that after the company split Mr Nice got the live Haze breeding plants and Greenhouse got the live White Widow breeding plants. And both had seeds of everything.

So at least at first the Mr Nice SSH was exactly the same as the original release, and the Greenhouse version was a re-selected and reworked version from seed.
And vice-versa for White Widow. The Greenhouse version was the original and the Mr Nice version was a reworked line from seed.

But decades later is it the same?...idk. You can go over on IC and read endless fighting over it.

Like I said some are suggesting Mango Haze now over it which is a sister line.
I don't think you could go wrong either way. it's a good strain in general

From seed finder: I think this if the ssh f4 from dynasty ~

"This Super Silver Haze line is a reworked Mr.Nice SSH.

The Male of this cross is a SSH F3 skunk/Haze dominant, that exhibited high resin content and the offspring is inundated with smells/ flavors of citrus and an extreme potency.

The SSH F2 female is the same mother used for the SSH F3s…

This particular F2 female, had the highest resin content out of any of the SSH females I grew from any of the F generations thus far.(near 250 females now)… She smells of lemon/bubblegum/haze, very similar to the nostalgic taste of fruit-stripe lemon gum…

The F2 female is mostly dominant in this cross, similar to the previous F3s but with a higher % of the ‘lemon head’ pheno.

Indica/Sativa: Sativa Dominant
Linage: SSH F2(f) x SSH F3(m)
Flowering time: 9 weeks
Stretch: 1.5-2x
Resin Profile: Copious Resin
Odour Score: 8
Odour Description: citrus, haze, skunk
Flavour Score: 8
Flavour Description: haze, citrus, hashish
Potency Score: 9
High Type: intense mind tingling cerebral high, with a sedative after

Phenotypes:

Expect the following:

• 3 phenos, but Less variations than F3s(yield/smell are the main variation)
  • 9-10week bloom time
  • very high thc content (not recommended for beginners)
  • easy to grow for a haze hybrid
  • Connoisseur strain, not for production… High quality, medium yield
  • great potential for finding a male for hybridizing
Pheno #1: This one leans toward the Skunk/haze side of the spectrum, which offers amazing terpenes but a little lower yield… She also is a little bit lighter feeder which makes her slightly finicky…

Pheno #2: NL/Hz side of the spectrum which is heavier on the yield and a bit lighter on the terpenes… This pheno can handle a bit heavier feeding and will produce denser buds than the other phenos…

Pheno #3: ideal keeper and sometimes hard to distinguish between pheno#1 (more yield/closer node spacing and less finicky)… This lady has a bit more metabolism than the #1 which translates to the higher yield… (she is the photo used, extremely similar to the F2 Mom)"

Pictures what made order.

This limited release is Super Silver Haze (SSH 1998 HTCC winner x SHH F3)
Relic Super Silver Haze- Super Silver Haze ‘98 HTCC Winner x Super Silver Haze F3

25 years later, we bring our rendition of this classic beauty, which pairs the SSH 1998 HTCC winner with our renowned SSH F3 male. Nostalgic flavors and smells bring back memories of old, while elevating the consciousness with an uplifting, thought provoking, clear buzz that’s productive and also anti-anxiety. Fruit stripe gum is one of the main profiles sweet, citrus with a hint of eucalyptus & pine. Expect medium/large sized plants with heavy yields. 9-10wk bloom time.
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
check out this thread the last few pages someone grows out professor p relics ssh and it looks just like in the picture. oh man dont want to jinx it but that makes me super hopeful for these.

Last edited:
Someone say:
“OSSSH”.

Anyone? Why not?

Elite cuts are elite for several reasons. Usually because they ARE somehow better than the average seed pop, and then there’s always the bit of hype they naturally receive. But osssh seems to have stood up to the test of time. He still has it, he still breeds with it - closet of curiosities I believe.

You could always look in that direction for your hunt.

Good luck in finding the one!

Freeheeler

Back