stem stripping mold

Shovelhandle

One MAF is flowering and has lost a couple colas to mold already. This strain gave me fits before with mold and bud rot. I have a fresh jug of Serenade concentrate on it's way. Can anyone ID this problem? It appears on the stem where the green is gone and white,slippery mushroom like coating occurs. Commonly, corn borers will bore, kill a branch and shit in and on the branch starting a bud rot that can quickly spread. This is different and although the Serenade should help it would be great to know wtf is up. Thank yous. :pl:

Well how is your husbandry? If your room is out of wack with high heat and high humidity I would start there. Really need more info to be able to help maybe some pics? Having a wet soggy medium can also cause the rot imo.

Shov, I assume you are talking about outdoors? I have never seen a white stem mold like you describe, so I don't think it's botrytis. Maybe it's something related to the corn growing alongside it?

I would hit the affected areas with peroxide solution (Oxidate) but I don't know what else you could do to prevent it recurring. Serenade might work, not sure.

yut, outdoors. Yes, corn smut is a fungal disease in corn. First I've seen of this too. But like I mentioned, MAF was not easy the last times I ran it outdoors.

Thanks for the inpoot.

White mold may be the prob. I picked off the section and soaked all the outdoor plants with solution of baking soda, dish detergent and neem. I will apply Serenade when it arrives. The two MAF that are still in reveg will be so stretchy that the buds will not be as fat as usual and that may be good.

I have a few MAF females in test this year outdoors so will let you know if I see anything this side ...stoked for the fall but in a pest pressured area we will see what happens as mother nature rules!

Also plan to make a bunch of F3 as I have 4 males held back! Thank the brother who sent em :)

PS I can't see any pic????

it is white mold. treatment first with baking soda / water and since then Serenade. I cut off another infected branch today. Plant is shorter and shorter. It may be terminal. I should look up and see.

Back