Some input infusing butter please

ClearBarbedFunk

Invalid Email Users
Gonna make a bunch of infused butter, and I’m working on how much(mg) of rosin per stick. Stick is 4oz, so I’m thinking 1grm per stick. Figure you prolly use around 1/2 oz or more to butter your toast, which should be around 125mg.

Seems maybe to much, cut it in half, I dunno really, that’s we’re i need a bit of input. Thanks

CBF, I think it depends on your intended user. 125mg is a big dose, only suitable for someone with a high tolerance for edibles, given that rosin is easily more than 50% active ingredients. I usually consume 10mg THC at a time; 50mg would have me climbing the walls.

Thanks all for checking in, I made a batch of hard candy yesturday with some good rosin. I used 6 grams(6000mg) and produced 60 candies, which should be 100mg per or close.

Ate one for testing purposes and about 1/2hr I had a warm fuzzy feeling but nothing else. Surely wasn’t climbing the walls, lol. Crummy hash, my tolerance, I don’t know they just didn’t seem powerful enough for me, as a rec dose.

Made smaller gummy’s of hard candy which come out to about 10mg per, and I ate four, one every half hr or so, maybe quicker, lol. And absolutely zip as far as a buzz. For sure your getting the medicine, which they were made for, with zip after effects.

Most everyone I know has the same tolerance as myself, buddy ate a 100 mg and he could feel it in his muscles, very relaxed and he commented a bit of sweat on his brow.

I surely don’t want patients/ users climbing the walls and such, so I’ll cut it down on the butter, and if they need a higher dose there just going to have to eat more butter.

One more question when doing butter, what temp is best to melt and infuse the butter, most likely need to decarb the hash before infusion, yes?

My friends do butter, some with the crock pot(mess) and others with the butter machine (I haven't seen it go). These friends like our whole bud edibles a lot.

I like to decarb the whole bud and grind it up fine and add that to whatever to make infusion, baked food, drinks. I use oil or lecithin to help the body absorb the thc. I have a tolerance and I use a gram of weed per dose. So if the weed is 10% thc then the dose would be like 100mg of thc. Once it is decarbed the green flavor goes more 'nutty' and isn't bad in most recipes. IMHO

My friends do butter, some with the crock pot(mess) and others with the butter machine (I haven't seen it go). These friends like our whole bud edibles a lot.

I like to decarb the whole bud and grind it up fine and add that to whatever to make infusion, baked food, drinks. I use oil or lecithin to help the body absorb the thc. I have a tolerance and I use a gram of weed per dose. So if the weed is 10% thc then the dose would be like 100mg of thc. Once it is decarbed the green flavor goes more 'nutty' and isn't bad in most recipes. IMHO

I gotta try that decarburator stuff. I hate the taste of weed.
Detest? Abhor?

i decarb my trim, blow butane through it, vacuum purge and then weigh it out, then melt that into melted butter. i make cookies with it. I get 3 dz cookies per cup of butter (2 sticks) 3 grams of shatter per cup is 3000 mg per batch of cookies. Divide that by 36 or so and you get roughly 80 mg per cookie. My friends are pretty happy with that dosage and honestly, they're pretty happy with around 60 mg (2.25 grams of shatter per cup of butter) per cookie too. My friends love the fact that you really can't taste the green

Back