Smallest SCROG plants ever

sticky is as sticky does
Okay, so I posted a photo in another thread of a dinky-ass Bubble Gum that did not stretch at all. I was not prepared for this behavior, so I topped the plants to get them to branch out. MISTAKE! I ended up with the smallest cannabis plants I have ever grown ;)

Here are the bones after the flowers were removed:

attachment.php

Lesson learned! I won't top this cultivar again.

Edit: the yield from these two was about 2-3 oz total. Not bad, but not what I was hoping for!

I agree Annaba, but the problem with this particular plant is, it's stuck in a weird preflowering mode that prevents it from vegging properly IMHO. It's covered with calyxes in veg, and doesn't branch out properly. I'm trying using a lot of N on the one I have outside, to see if I can get her to "snap out of it." I probably should consider using a high-nitrate N source; I hear that can cause elongation, which is what I need. What do you think?

I've got a plant in veg that's the same way and I haven't been able to stop that trend yet. I hope you solve it.

I heard the Grapefruit clone is the same way, preflowers heavily and misbehaves in veg.

ceteris paribus had the same problem with the Grapefruit.He tried everything he could think of.I don't know if that issue was ever resolved.

You know, after I thought about it, I remembered that it was probably the other way around, i.e.; nitrate ferts REDUCE elongation. I remember hearing also that excess phosphorus in veg could cause elongation. But somehow I doubt this would solve my problem.

For now, with the weird preflowering and slow vegetative growth, I think I'm best off running this one as a single-cola plant and giving them a good whack of N in veg. Bonsai is cute, but I really like these flowers and I want MORE.

Results doing this are very strain dependent.. I ran AK47 in SCROG for almost 2yrs before crossing her with ChemD x Purple Wreck/Blue Moonshine to make Wardawg.

AK with 2 plants in 3gal buckets filled a screen 2ft x 5ft with a sea of huge buds.. but since I never kept a mom around and instead kept rotating a cut into mom, my stems got very weakened..

I think growing the GF you'd have better results doing some simple LST work...
At 3-4wks old, take the tallest growth and tie it down to expose the lower workings of the plant.. this will cause lower shoots to reach for light and catch up to the main cola.. what you wind up with is
5 main colas filled out top to bottom...

2oz ea is not really that bad... check out a product called "Surge" ... for making your plants stretch a wee bit, plus raising your lights up also..

luck

i would have loved a little chunky two ounce bush back in the SOG days... i just did urkel from CSI and they stayed tiny like that...
i think some of the older ones just aren't ready for food...

if it was good, and you still have it around, maybe try different recipes on it and see if its a food related shut down.
or try different veg lighting... too much blue will keep them short.. more red could build better roots and maybe better branching....

i read somewhere that warmer nights (or cooler nights) has an effect on stretch

Apparently the difference in day and night temps does influence stretch (the bigger the difference, the more they stretch), but I can't really play with that here.

Few things I know influence stretch are, heat, run in the 90s for a bit. Distance from the light, further away and they will reach for it. The closer you run your lamp the tighter the nodes will be. Big pots, preferably deeper then normal. Get the plant when it’s small into the big flowering pot. If you have tried different shaped pots in flower, most times short wide pots produce a bushier plant, we’re a tall narrower pot produces a more tree like structure. Try not to let the root ball spin out, fabric pots are excellent for keeping the roots air pruned preventing spin out.

Can build your own custom pots with wire fence and ground cloth, 12 inches around and 24 inches deep depending on the size of plant you want. Twice as deep as wide.

Just some misc ramblins

Back