Skunk pharm's Glycerin Extraction processes

30 to 50% saturation is a reasonable estimate. I usually extract material two to three times, even when I do it hot.

whats the best way for a poor guy to do the glycerin tinc, turn over once a day for 60 to 90 and use ambered buds if no access to oil? What is the max time for max potency doing it this ole fashioned way? Thanks for your time and trouble.

The secret to glycerin extraction is to keep the boundary layers removed by stirring. Shaking doesn't work well, because glycerin is so viscous.

Probably 90 to 120 days cold soak would approach practical limits, though I just pressed a jar of cold soak that I set aside about 5 years ago and found it excellent.

You can get more potency faster using the hot method, but the flavors aren't as provocative, because they all blend together.

thank you sir, I'd have a hard time waiting that long, lol. I just know I seem to get more from the glyc tinc than that nasty tasting alcohol tinc, even on a shorter time frame and just tossin it upside down and back and forth 15 minutes a day or so for however long. I'd do the hot deal ifn I had access, not possible now. But the tinc is making as much a comeback if it ever went away for pain patients I hear from as much as the CBD/N strains people are trying to grow for the angle towards pain. Thanks for the research share and good work and great fight for your goal

The secret to glycerin extraction is to keep the boundary layers removed by stirring. Shaking doesn't work well, because glycerin is so viscous.

Probably 90 to 120 days cold soak would approach practical limits, though I just pressed a jar of cold soak that I set aside about 5 years ago and found it excellent.

You can get more potency faster using the hot method, but the flavors aren't as provocative, because they all blend together.

Back