Rubbed Roasted Chicken Dinner

Shovelhandle

Sunday dinner for one.
Six lb. roaster - brined, dried, rubbed w/ wee Everglades Rub and wiped off, on a rack in a pan, breast side down. 350º
White Potatoes - scrubbed, dried, chunked. Salt, pepper, wee garlic powder, oil. Into the oven in one hour.
Squash - salt, pepper, butter, maple
Giblet gravy stock - 1 quart water, giblets, half onion, carrot, celery, salt, pepper, bay leaves, 3 gm milled, decarbed cannabis - sativa dom
Bring to a boil and shut off, move to the back of the range by the oven vent. Later - removed giblets. Remove bay leaves and strain the liquid. Add liquid to pan gravy.

dinner.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the flavor of bay leaf, usually only used it on roast beefs. Will need to remember to use it in my instantpot soup.

I use dry bay leaf in sauces and soups. It's no where near as good as fresh but it's hard to keep fresh everything when cooking for one.
I love to put a big dry bayleaf in all my spaghetti/pasta re sauces, it's a go to for me (y)

The chicken looks amazing @Shovelhandle 🙏(y)

When I ate that meal I couldn't sleep until early am. Edible does that to me. But I was high AF.
Now I had left over infused gravy but was afraid of not sleeping. But this evening's weather forecasts a similar winter storm that rocked the houses and nobody slept last weekend. I just enjoyed the rest of that gravy on rice, squash and garlic roast chicken drumsticks. Delicious and now I'm ready to face the storm. 🌈

Back