Rockwool Versus Coco

Quetzal

✌🏻+🌿
I've been thinking for awhile how illogical it is for me to be trying to perfect my rock wool growing skills, when coco seems to be so much more environmentally friendly in terms of recycling and production.

Rockwool potentially uses a little less water than coco it seems...

From the Grodan website: "The GRODAN business already facilitates the recycling of 100% of its sold products in Belgium, the Netherlands, France and Canada, and is aiming to achieve this for all of its global sales in the future."
Link Here

What do you all think? It is way easier to load up a table with blocks than to have to fill a ton of pots, as well as coco being much messier. I love our flora flex caps on hugos or biggies...

I would have to say that is what kinda got me to coco, the re usable and recyclable ability of the product compared to the Rockwool method. I have used them before in flat mat and the staged up cube size. If one could take and drop off the used waste for recycling of it, that would be awesome and a must need here in the USA.:puffpuffpass:

You don't need big pots in coco, 1 gallon pots can produce more than 8oz with multi feeds :thumright:

When you've finished with the coco for your MJ we use it in big pots in the garden to grow flawless potatoes and when that's done let the worms have it in the compost, then dug into the polytunnel for more veg

I would be watering all day in 1 gallon pot. No automation here, all hand fed here.

Back