QWET yields

EkToTeen

Hello all.....

I was wondering if anyone would like to share what they are yielding on their QWET extractions. I Know the starting material plays a very significant part in what comes out in the end...you're not going to get the same with trim/shake as you do with flower. My question is really specifically for mid-grade to high quality flower...?? I usually get anywhere from 4-4.5 grams per ounce (15%-16%) when doing smaller runs and 70-80 grams per lb (16%-18%). For whatever reason the average percentage per ounce seems to slightly increase with larger runs.

Is this around average or could I be getting more out of the plant material??

I posted my extraction SOP in an earlier thread in this extraction forum that was titled WHY NOT ETHANOL?? But I will post it again in the comment section below.

Thanks in advance to for any words of wisdom....:puffpuffpass:

Peace and FULL spectrum cannabis grease...:yinyang:

The explanation wasn't quite as extensive as I remember...but here it is.

I freeze everything for 2-3 days...vessels, plant material, alcohol...

Do my washes inside of a large chest freezer to keep the temps super low. Washes consist if 3 separate 60-90 second quick washes...

Filter that wash down to 2.5 mics and put the solution back in the freezer for another 24hrs...

Do a second filtration down the <2.5 mics (all with a Buchner filter)…

The solution then goes into a rotovap to remove the majority of the ethanol...

Then on to the heatvac for a final purge...

Yields are as mentioned above and it consistently tests out in the 80% for total cannabinoids...

Hello all.....

I was wondering if anyone would like to share what they are yielding on their QWET extractions. I Know the starting material plays a very significant part in what comes out in the end...you're not going to get the same with trim/shake as you do with flower. My question is really specifically for mid-grade to high quality flower...?? I usually get anywhere from 4-4.5 grams per ounce (15%-16%) when doing smaller runs and 70-80 grams per lb (16%-18%). For whatever reason the average percentage per ounce seems to slightly increase with larger runs.

Is this around average or could I be getting more out of the plant material??

I posted my extraction SOP in an earlier thread in this extraction forum that was titled WHY NOT ETHANOL?? But I will post it again in the comment section below.

Thanks in advance to for any words of wisdom....:puffpuffpass:

Peace and FULL spectrum cannabis grease...:yinyang:

About 18 to 22%. The 22% was neatly trimmed material and the 18% is buds, popcorn, and sweet leaf combined.

Last edited:
sounds like you are on the right path....

we get less , 8-15%....

sometimes i will use room temperature flowers and freezer chilled ethanol or flowers that are put in the freezer 12 hrs........

i am sure my yields would go up if i paid more attention to my temps.....we are happy with the results and the chickens get the leftovers.....

EK , do you use a still and recapture your ethanol?....

Yes, a rotary evaporator (rotovap)...basically just a fancy still with a few bells and whistles.

chit mang , i have seen trichomes on hemp growing in the ditch in Kansas....
tell me about it...

hasnt anyone else besides me ever smoked trichome covered cannabis and never got a buzz?.......

:afroweed:

Types of trichomes and their condition also make a difference. Depending on strain, et al, trichomes can be huge, more smaller ones closer together, as well as melted, ruptured, and smeared.

The strains recipe of cannabinoids and terpenes also makes a huge difference.

A big eyeopener with the land race hybrids is that CBD ameliorates the THC effects, so that I once passed a high CBD, low THC doobie in a smoke circle, and blew everyone's high.

Lastly, terpenes like Linalool dramatically effect our experience, even if the cannabinoid balance was made in heaven.

I would love to learn more bout all that, any chance you could point me in the right direction? Links? books?

Thanks.

And yes, I had to look up the word ameliorate. :whistle:

Don't know of any links or books on how different trichomes look, but I can hook you up with sources for information regarding the effects of the different cannabinoids and terpenes.

I'm thinking that most of those TAR articles are too big to post on most forums, so let me check that out first.

I just tried to post 103KB Sweet Mary's Charms and this forum format corrupts all the tables. The articles range from about 15KB to 294KB length , which is an example of a leading reason I founded SPR and TAR, neither of which are currently available to me.

If you will PM me a mailing address, I'll mail you a thumb drive with copies of the series of Sweet Mary's Charms articles.

This was posted on Saturday mornin, on a holiday weekend...today is Labor Day, and I have the thumb drive from clear across the f**kin country...talk bout impressed! Thank you Graywolf. I haven't sat down to read any of it yet (I don't sit down much while the sun is up), but I did check an it appears to be all there...thank you. :smileyhug:

Lucky you.

This was posted on Saturday mornin, on a holiday weekend...today is Labor Day, and I have the thumb drive from clear across the f**kin country...talk bout impressed! Thank you Graywolf. I haven't sat down to read any of it yet (I don't sit down much while the sun is up), but I did check an it appears to be all there...thank you. :smileyhug:

You're welcome! Hope you find something that you can use.:bigarmhug:

Back