PM on harvest

Tin_Bender

Data collector.....
I need some help as I am out of ideas.

I harvest my grow and always seem to get some PM on it. I have constant ventilation my temps are around 60ish and about 40-45% RH and no light source.

I have run my sulphur burner before harvest and after let it burnn in empty room for several hours to no avail. I have pretrimmed all the fan leafs before harvest.

I have to agree, or is this maybe the strain your running.. Increase that air flow and raise them temps up to the 70's and things should grow in that no problem. Are you not bringing fresh air into the room maybe? I live in the swamp and deal with very high humidity and have very little problems with this.. hope you get it figured

That's a very good tip, gonna have to store that in me memory files.. when I see the rusting you speak of on my shade leafs of MJ plants, I give my plants a nice dose of Cal n Mag and that with the iron in it makes it go bye bye. Roses are a diff beast being most like a more acidic growth but hey, if you can grow good roses year end and out, MJ plants are a breeze right?

Hope your getting this figured bro.

I need some help as I am out of ideas.

I harvest my grow and always seem to get some PM on it. I have constant ventilation my temps are around 60ish and about 40-45% RH and no light source.

I have run my sulphur burner before harvest and after let it burnn in empty room for several hours to no avail. I have pretrimmed all the fan leafs before harvest.

Hey tin bender 60* is way to cold, that's why you are having out breaks with pm, that and the organism is either in your environment and or plants you have are infected with it. I would pitch all the plants if they have pm, next buy an atomizer, next buy a product called physan 20 it's a greenhouse disinfectant. Next buy a respirator, and a Tyvek suit. Next step mix Pusan according to label and atomize the grow room and surrounding areas. Don't leave any thing I unturned. Start over warm up the environment, if you were using a dehumidifier get a new one for it has spores inside it! Run a dehumidifier constantly in the room as the lights go out and the temperature drops even more any condensation settles on the plants in the form of dew, this is what makes pm go crazy! I hope that helps!

You may want to use Eagle 20 on your moms, take new cuts and grow new moms. It's systemic, the spores you see are from the disease inside your plant. Could be coming from your moms. A sulfur burner should kill everything in the room. Bleach everything with a 10% bleach solution between runs.

I live by a large body of water and a river. Tons of PM in the neighborhood on the trees , everywhere. I filter my intake now and clean with bleach. Haven't had it in a few years. Outside, I have to spray roses and vegetables every two weeks with horticultural oil to keep it at bay. Neem oil is worthless for PM and most things.

I never had PM on my weed, but I used to get it in my veggie garden. I used a spray of 1part milk to 10 parts water and it will get rid of it pretty good.

I stopped using eagle 20 a while ago and went organic but it was pretty depressing for a while. But once I made some cultural changes and focused on plant health the pm went away. I spray trilogy which is a neem extract once a week in veg and through week 5 in bloom. Also, daily work flow needs to be youngest plants first then older plants so that you aren't perpetuating the cycle.

Good suggestions here. Eagle 20 is gross. Flint is much less toxic and just as effective. Spray in veg only. Horticultural oil up to 2 weeks before harvest, oxidate within two weeks of harvest.

tried many products but for me oxidate once a week works great and is basically concentrated hydrogen peroxide diluted to 4 table spoons per gallon of water..moister in your room is your worse enemy..
a bit surprised the sulphur burner isn't working for you but that's some nasty shit and wouldn't use it.

Why would you even think about using a systemic anything on your Moms??

:confused:

It took almost half a year to get moms that didn't test hot for Eagle and that was after cloning and replacing them once a month. It probably isn't a toxic amount (parts per billion range) but that shit is persistent. I suspect that most of the weed I have smoked in my lifetime has been treated with eagle and I'm fine. But now that I know PM can be overcome without systemics I will never use it again.

It took almost half a year to get moms that didn't test hot for Eagle and that was after cloning and replacing them once a month. It probably isn't a toxic amount (parts per billion range) but that shit is persistent. I suspect that most of the weed I have smoked in my lifetime has been treated with eagle and I'm fine. But now that I know PM can be overcome without systemics I will never use it again.

Half a year? Wow...was the testing at ppm or ppb?

Why would you even think about using a systemic anything on your Moms??

:confused:

For a few reasons based on science and not emotion. I had used neem and found it to be ineffective, the spores eventually came back.

After 90 days, plants sprayed with Eagle 20 show no traces when tested. Even less when put under sun light. That's 12 weeks.

It is systemic meaning that it kills the disease INSIDE the plant.

So... spray the mom, take cuts after a while, grow the cuts into new moms, take more cuts grow those. I don't grow all my moms, just usually one or two. That means whether I take a 3rd generation of cuts to grow them out to smoke, or just keep them as mothers, more than 90 days will have passed. I have done this with any systemic I have ever used based on how long it will take to break down.

I would never spray on something I would be smoking, just mother plants that would be used to make.... another mother plant, free from pm. So I usually grow out a third generation of cuts after spraying the original mom to keep as a mom or to grow out.

When I do spray anything toxic and I have had too before. I have a Tyvek suit, Full face respirator, chemical gloves etc and stay out for 12 hours. I have to do this kind of thing at work sealing surfaces, so I have all the gear. All the warnings about Eagle 20 have to do with people spraying unprotected with no gear which is moronic. My grow is not in my home, so I have this luxury.

That being said. I haven't had to use Eagle 20 more than once a few years back, having taken precautions. It immediately stopped bad pm and it never came back. I don't enter if I had touched anything in the yard and I filter my intakes. I clean between grows with 10% bleach. I will sometimes take all the plants out , spray with bleach solution and put them back. I also will vacuum.

So based on the science of using these things in a logical and unemotional way, I was able to eliminate it quickly and prevent it from coming back. Based on science, by waiting for the systemic to work it's way out of the plant as it breaks down and new cells grow, and growing out several more generations of mothers, I have no risk of smoking it.

As far as neem oil, I tried 3 different brands and types to deal with fungus gnats, 2 spotted spider mites, broad mites and harmful nematodes over the years. Worthless. I used them all in my yard as well on my tomatoes, roses and orange tree. Worthless except for a temporary stop to white flies. I tried it straight and with a wetting agent.

What has worked best against everything has been horticultural oil. It even knocks back nematodes. http://www.masternursery.com/product/master-nursery-pestfighter-yr-spray-oil-pt-5/ This is the only oil I now use in my outside garden.

A healthy plant is less succeptible to disease so I have been using this product every other watering and the results have been amazing. https://ogtea.com/veganic-special-sauce.html

I work 50 hours a week and also have an overwhelming personal responsibility so I don't have time to make a tea from scratch anymore. Mix and stir and I get it cheap.

I've eliminated gnats, broads , 2 spotted mites, spider mites and am almost stem nematode free ( new moms have no symptoms!, waiting for a few more generations of moms). But only by using a combination of organics for health and systemics for pests to save irreplaceable moms.

I got all my diseases from getting cuts from a single grower. I lost moms to broads and he gave me cuts back. With broads and stem nematodes. He lost his moms, I still have all of mine.

Neem prevents mites from feeding on leaves ..it affects their mouths even causes them to not be able to feed once trying a NEEM LEAF .
:2c:
So full coveage is a MUST and several sprays as Annaba suggests

Neem is banned in Canada as it really does mess with many species of insects .

Back