Plant Pest Identification Aid

Nice link... thanks.

Sure makes one think of our wonderful MrHighway

thanks good link to lots-o-bugs great info

be safe and stay free dequilo

flea beetles

we think we have some flea beetles, looked at some pics, but not sure, they are little like those beetles, have long antenna and then it looks like they have some pinchers that goes into the leaves, just found them today in the grow room, just on the plants that are about ready to harvest, will lady bugs take care of these things or what can we use to get rid of them, thought about taking the plant outside and letting it set but they won't go away, had them in the garden on the radishes last year, doused them with tobacco juice but don't think i should try it on the herb flowers.
but with all this moisture hard tellin' what they are. i have tried to take pics but when i get up close the bug is fuzzy while the leaf is still clear

thanks for any help

the ole henrys
:help: :help:

How big are these little creatures? Yes you do want to be careful this close to harvest. Lady bugs love soft bodied insects not sure how effective they would be on hard bodies (beetles).

bugs

these critters are like fungus gnats, like that size, like a fat dog flea, they are rounder than the gnats, when i look at them with the magnifiying glass, they are shiny and some have a red glow, they seem to be just on the girls that are about ready to harvest, within two weeks, their antenna's look like they could almost be as long as their bodies, i read somewhere i could sprinkle wood ash on the leaves, so i rumaged through the wood burner and got some ash and sprinkled on the leaves, i also read where sand is good, not river sand where it is smooth, i took one plant out and one arm was just loaded with these darn things, don't see how i could have missed them for as many as there are, i ordered some lady bugs for the veggie garden and fruit tree, but these are hard bodied things thanks for the input

ole henry :sick:

Dude, first of all, thanks for posting this...

...but I just found out I just killed a beneficial insect! :sad: It was a pirate bug, and man that thing was dashing under four or five pots before I finally cornered it, it put up a great fight :salut:

Back