PAR meter question

Xochipilli

is there a specific brand of PAR meter that folks here can recommend? I want something relatively durable -- doesn't need to be waterproof, but would like something robust.

The hydrofarm is the lowest priced I've seen. Sunsystem looks a lot like the apogee if I remember right, costs a bit more than the hydrofarm. Apogee and up for the higher end expensive, calibrated, hyper accurate types.

Lots seem to think any meter is better then using your eyes to guess light levels, so a super accurate meter isn't necessary. Hydrofarm would probably do the trick at half the price of the next cheapest. Depends on if you'll be comparing numbers with others using a different quality meter I suppose. i doubt the hydrofarm would match up with growers house or any other place using more sensitive/accurate stuff

I picked up a meter that does spectrum, lux, par, and a few other things. Seemed to make more sense paying $1500 for all the features vs $800 or something for just accurate par. The spectrum ones I know about are lighting passport and gigahertz optik msc15

I like my spectrometer, especially since it still works for the crazy price...but I check light levels more then anything. I got something stupid like 150000 lux on a top the other day...bleached the tip a little but the leaves are still green...lol.

little info..hope it helps

Back