one plant SOG?SINGLE sog BUSH?

irish

free range human
hi y'all... irish here... been a minute.
i tried to get on here a while back but the laptop i was trying to use was a PITA and posting on a phone is dam near impossible... lol...

anyway, sort of getting back up to speed this past few years. i wasn't all that great at it then, and taking a break from it didn't help

did a full bed of living soil.
did nft rafts.
did 2 gallon soil pots.

now about to try some sog/scrog, big plant, topped plants style. but no one has posted in here since 2020 so is it just something that belongs in another forum? :confused:

plan is 8 10 gallon pots per table vegged for 60 days.
trained, topped, so lots of upward branching, hoping the finished product looks like a wheat grass cup.

is this anything someone is doing that maybe they have shown on here?

Wow, insert my grin here, good to see you and know your well
Inquiring minds wantto know is this seed run?

Life is good here you brought a smile

HEY BUD!
BEEN A MINUTE OR TWO...
its going to be Runtz clones, for now...
i do have some good gear seeds cracking of wedding pie x pine tar kush and a pack called "redvine jackie" by maddfarmer..

the next run or two will be this runtz clone unless it totally "seeds" the bed... lol

Hi [MENTION=475]irish[/MENTION], great to read you and glad you've got your puter figured out!!

Still on the hunt so in the regular sog/scrog mode, but if things ever get whittled down would go as you describe.

Will follow along, and looking forward to hearing more of your fables and foibles over the years!!

haha thanks, [MENTION=72]mre[/MENTION] its nice to see a lot of these old names even if its just in search engines...

took a break to raise a human and now back to raising babies.... i've been working on a space for a good while now. have some decent lights. good air. better control than i've ever had in a room before...
and a decent soil recipe by organiceastgardener they are calling the OEG method.

would post pics of it all but the phone won't let my computer take them... i'll find a workaround. or i'll just break down and smartphone it in... but for now i guess i should describe the big theory

had a long drive the other day and when i do, i like to listen to some podcasts...

replayed the real dirt podcast of josh haupt , the three a light guy... (in my head this story is going to get real windy)

three pounds a light caught my attention... very catchy... always has.. but usually the enthusiasm stops at expensive book and buy our nutrients...

so i just dug in on methodology.we all know there's a million ways to do this, and you just keep going until you find the one you like...

keeping it short:
lots of tops from a few big plants
like a boxwood hedge... or topiary...

DOPE-iary?

so, ten gallon pots. shaped to stay inside that circle, but as many tops as i can make and as flat as i can make, minus actual scrogging is the hope.

Hey [MENTION=475]irish[/MENTION], good to see you around, bro!

I don't have any advice for the runtz grow; my garden always looks like shit ;)

You and me both, 180. Lol. As long as the flowers are pretty though…. ������85566DC8-7E1D-4B34-9786-9BBFA84A8617.jpg85566DC8-7E1D-4B34-9786-9BBFA84A8617.jpg

The plan is to make each ten gallon pot look like this stolen picture of wheatgrass. Lots of topping, training, bending, and hope. 1828833F-BDD7-44EA-8D8C-C9F454EB774C.jpeg

I never reupdated this.

Went okay. A friend was too impatient to properly make it happen in this way, but had great luck/results with bending as they were growing. He would spiral them around the pot, like an individual scrog. Maybe more apt to call it LST style.

Plant bondage. Just green tie wire and plant clips everywhere.

He’s just really never been a fan of veg times. 🤣

Back