Oil Vaporization pipes

Graywolf

OIL VAPORIZATION PIPES

I was asked how I vaporize my oil on a PM and couldn’t figure out how to attach a picture to a PM, so thought I would share on a thread.

Not all that exotic or interesting, so without boring you with what we tried to get here or argue its merits against other methods like a titanium nail or skillet, may I simply say that it provides a clean concise flavor and even dosage control?

The way they all work is to heat the ball on the quartz rod and plunge it into the pool of oil in the oil well.

When you withdraw the ball from the pool, the oil stuck to it vaporizes off and you inhale the vapors through a ring of holes at the top of the oil well.

We have ours made at a local glass blowers. With permission, we simply copied the glass on glass taper oil well and stuck it in pipes of our own design.

The original rods were boro silicate, but they eventually crack from repeated heating and cooling. I am still using my first prototype quartz rod, with no sign of a crack, so all of the pharmers have ordered one of their own.

I am working on a titanium wand for those whom prefer the taste of Ti.

Here is a picture of the well itself with wand, one in my prototype water pipe, and one showing the pipe I had made to allow students to taste test six different extraction processes, without mixing oils or cleaning bowls.

The bottom of the oil well flanges are ground, as is the top of the pipe, and no further seal is required.

I did pop on an o-ring to keep the well from falling out if inverted

As it worked well, with minor modifications, we plan a couple more sets, plus an attractively finished wooden holder. Looking at my own exotic wood scrap pile, it looks like mine will be either oak, walnut, or aromatic cedar.

great work old man...put me down for one of those pipes when available...I've been wanting one for ages and could never seem to find one that nice...call me if that would expedite matters...

great work old man...put me down for one of those pipes when available...I've been wanting one for ages and could never seem to find one that nice...call me if that would expedite matters...

Me too!

Hi ya’ll! Thanks for the kind thoughts and enthusiasm.

We haven’t marketed any skunk pharm glassware thus far and have just had it made for our own personal use.

Except for prototypes, we also have to order our glass wear in lots of about ten, because we use a scientific glass shop as opposed to an artistic shop. Sometimes we can weasel smaller lots if we combine with other orders.

Having said that, our last order for oil wells with glass on glass taper somehow got doubled, so [email protected], one of the local pharmers, has been wholesaling the surplus along with a borosilicate wand to MMJ patients and head shops for under $30 a set to recover our money.

That is probably about half of what they cost in head shops and I think there are about eight left if you wish to contact her at the above address.

As far as our other keen stuff, I just talked to her and she says that she is also willing to handle a few orders for other glassware for friends, which we can add to our own orders, so contact her and tell her how much you love her and that we’re tight.

As fate would have it, we currently have another order that we are ready to place, but I can hold off a week until you have had a chance to contact her.

She can give you the current prices and latest delivery lies as well.

I don't have a fixed schedule or price on the quartz wands yet, because the glass blower is still shopping for the quartz rod. My prototype is the only one at this point but the borosilicate ones work just fine for awhile. I hope to resolve the schedule and price issue within the next week.

the meth / crack pipes work well but I found no mater what oil I use. Qwiso, BHO, and I cook on low heat till ALL solvents gone but sill it choked me to the point that it was completely unsmokeable. And I consider myself to have syrong lungs and I smoke almost exclusively through a bong but then I found 2 very workable options.

1. I use the bent meth pipes with a rubber gromet and it fits perfectly into my bong. No choke at all. I can take monster hits and the water especially using some ice makes all the difference.

2. I take a nice 1/4oz of dried crushed fan leaves or some popcorn buds or have used some schwag that was laying around and mix the oil with it and I do bong rips of that shit... no choke and it gets me so freekin high. but if it doesnt go through water forget it. 20 minute coughing fit.

picture.php

picture.php

Peace

Click

Last edited:
Very nice Graywolf, I have long thought that is the necessary bowl design.. My idea includes an insert Ti plate at the bottom which is heated and then oil dropped on. I was thinking of running it by my glass blowing friend next time I was down there.
Clicker I hear you.. I am a steady smoker too. I purge my bho for days sometimes, to no avail. Oil makes me feel like there is water in my lungs. I cough for days after. I still make it but don't smoke it.

dam, so many nice threads graywolf:up:

when i smoke my extracts, i use one hot knife paddle and a simple funnel catcher or waterfiltered funnel catchers, which i blow myself...i have a stainless steel "pin" i use with the goo...touching the pin to the glass paddle instantly liquefies the goo and it runs onto the paddle and vaporizes mostly on its own, but a bit of rubbing gets it all easily...i know alot of ppl using titanium these days, but im not sure why that would be better than glass? more durable?

i recently tried a type of "oil vaporizor" which i found so lame i dont see how anyone uses them...
there was a vial of black bho goo, that was heated as it was passed around, but there seemed to be a problem of "overheating"(?) which changed the smoke from a minty flavor to an unsmokable yuck...

kinda seems like measuring hit for hit with paddles or equivalent is the way to go...i dunno

quartz sounds like a great idea....i need to start making my paddles with quartz...it has a lower C.O.E. so withstands thermal stress much better:magic:

Those who use vaporizers like Vapor Brothers (that general type) find that they can drop a glob of oil onto a "whip-load" of herb, either spent from recent vaping, or a freshie... this works great, and one can take as light or as thick a hit as one wants. I find I must take very light ones or I will be feeling the "oh-lord-I-have-concrete-in-my-lungs" effect.

We went through several designs before embracing this one. We did one initially similar to Hashmaster Kut's swing titanium skillet design, using both Ti and Quartz for the skillet and rotating it under the bell instead of swinging it.

We also did a titanium nail design and one with a container of oil that we heated and pulled the vapor off of, similar to a crack pipe.

I didn't care for the crack pipe designs with a container of oil, because the lower boiling point constituets boil off first and the first hits are speedier than the last. If you over heat it, you also get a lung full of carbon black, as evidenced by what it does to the inside of the pipe.

Next to the oil well, I liked the skillet design best, whether it swung or rotated. The thing that I particularly liked about the oil well design, is the ease of controling the dosage and that it was the same to the very last drop.

Both the oil well and the skillet produced the best tastes of any system that we've investigated so far. The local jury is still out on the taste difference between a quartz vaporizing surface and a titanium one from a flavor standpoint.

I hope to shed more light on that issue with more tests using unexposed and unbiased students, but thus far the voting amongst jaded skunk pharmers is heavily skewed toward the Ti.

To Moi, the taste difference is less dramatic with QWET or QWISO, but with BHO Titanium seems to bring out more of the aromatic floral qualities.

I look forward to the next group of student's responses and will report them next week!

nice.

blue dream oil smoked through a bell with a titaniam "paddle" was the best bho i have ever had both in quality and taste.

hells bells.

:bonghit:

Back