Off to a not so great start; my one lone seedling is looking pretty weak / sick

proteus patient

Marijuana "Artist"
So this was to be the start of my first grow in a decade; but seems I am plagued by various issues; from piss poor germ rates (5%) , to a housecat 'trimming & supercropping' my seedlings prematurely, local dispensaries not being able to come through & deliver any clones. Seems one roadblock / speedbump after another; which is funny cause i remember secretly guerrila growing seemed easier looking back at i
So that leaves me with this 1 purple kush seedling; which currently is stunted badly &hasn't grown more than half an inch in the past 10 days maybe..
In top of it being stunted notice the older leaves were starting to droop 2 days ago, thought it was just over / under watering& letting it dry out would fix it. The next day (yesterday) I noticed the whole plant seemed to be a lighter shade of green &;then the oldest leaves are thoroughly yellow.
Is this a simple Nitrogen deficiency? My 2nd guess would be iron but doesnt look it after pulling up a nutrient deficiency chart.
20210311_095745.jpg20210311_095743.jpg20210311_095736.jpg

What do you all think? a simple nutrient deficiency or something worse, and how would you recommend correcting it if something worse than just a N deficiency. how badly could this effect my overall yield at the end of the season?
THanks for all the help

Last edited:
Yeah, that plant doesn't look happy. What kind of soil is it in? If the soil is too "hot," that might be your problem. Other than that, I dunno.

gravel...
:22_yikes:
haha, although not quite. Its "MotherEarth brand Ground Swell (blend)" with alot of extra perlite & pumice, as well as some vermiculite & worm castings. I started out using some leftover soil that i mixed for cactus, thats why there is alot of inorganic aggregate still in it & the perlite has floated to the top apparently.
In terms of the mix being too hot, the only organics i added is the worm castings, maybe half a cubic foot / 6 quarts; no fresh compost or anything that would make it too hot and the soil has been sitting since fall. if anything i'd think there isnt enough nutrients in it where it has that high of a percentage of inorganics.
Guess i'll go ahead and transplant it into fresh soil, soil that was never intended for cactus w/o all the pumice and not as much perlite either.
If that is the fix, any guess as too how long it'll be before it bounces back? & Will anything help it to recover more quickly? ie superthrive, thrive alive b1, any of the vitamin / transplant shock supplements. We used to use this powder that was designed to help strengthen the plants immune system while helping to build stronger
cells walls & branching; anyone familiar with what im thinking of? :scratch:
Thanks for the input

Peace

Attachments

• 20210312_104500.jpg
    20210312_104500.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Copy of 20210312_104436.jpg
    Copy of 20210312_104436.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 1
check ppm and ph of runoff?
you dont wanna feed more nutes if the issue is a lock out

looks like overwatering to me make sure the soil dries out between watering

It's a dang curse.. I have the same curse bro. Little red solo cups hate me and I fail almost every time I try to use them... usually under watering and why yours are drooping..

Looks like right now you have a moisture control issue, a Nitrogen deficiency, and in need of potting up...

When you up pot, I'd try going straight into a 3gal pot, felt preferred, and mix that soil you have with Coir 50/50.. You'll see much better growth.. just my thoughts.. luck man

Looks a bit overwatered possibly? Maybe an up pot to help dry her out and give her some more to play with root wise

Solos are great for sprouting in and getting a nice seedling, but they fill um fast, so nutes or up can is needed.

Your plant looks over watered, to much love maybe. Definitly up can it and just plain water for a bit. Let the medium dry out to the point the pot is super light in weight, up can and then only water around the plant, don’t soak the whole pot. As it grows just water to the outside of the plant till it fills with root, then you can soak um each watering.

Another thing you can do, is dunking, place the rootball in a bucket of phed water, let it soak for a min or two, then holding plant by stem, slosh it up and down carefully, washing all the loose soil away, plant in new soil.

^^^ I still use red solo cups. But they are tippy as fuck before they get watered. If I were to loose the red solos I'd likely look for a more stable based vessel.

^^^ I still use red solo cups. But they are tippy as fuck before they get watered. If I were to loose the red solos I'd likely look for a more stable based vessel.

I used tree sapling containers for a bit, they slide into a rack, narrow and deep. They were just to deep to fit well into my flowering pots. Been trying to find shorter ones but haven’t yet.

Back