Nylon garden netting?

Clicker

Dazed and Confused
I was poking around in the hydro store the other day and on one of there veggie set ups they had a very nice plastic screen for scrog. I forgot to ask about it and honestly the holes were to big like maybe 5-6". Does anyone know where I could order some with chicken wire size holes like maybe 1". I would love to find some in a roll.

So I am basically looking for plastic chicken wire. I'll poke around the depot tomorrow but if you know an internet source that would rock.

Peace

Click

If you want somthing smaller than the the hortinova mesh, I'd suggest black plastic deer fence. Its really tough and the squareas are prob 2" x 2" , check your local feed store.

Personally it's not the holes that make the screen it's the mesh that's what I tie down too. Tops 5" apart seems pretty reasonable to me and allows for good light penetration/airflow. Otherwise if you feel you must have a tighter mesh then just get some metal chicken wire it's way cheap enough. GL

IMO the nylon is better than the wire since it is a bit more gentle on the plants and is doesn't scuff them like wire can. You could achieve smaller spacing by placing two layers of the nylon netting on top of each other with the centers off-set. That would give you a 3" x 3" grid.

The deer fence mentioned, or landscape fencing would do. I used landscape fencing for the first scrog I did, but I had to cut the holes bigger. Makes Hortonova better in that regard, for sure.

i picked up some generic black nylon trellis netting at one of the local hydro stores....3"x4" rectangles with an overall size of 8'x50'....it was $21.50 for the roll and i just use the green landscaping tape to tie it....works great.

Thanks for the input all. I like the idea about doubling the netting Blaze because I REALLLLLLLLLY liked the nylon netting at the hydro store I can stretch it over the verticle posts with no tape or tying.

Peace

Click

Home Crepot has tomatoe/strawberrie/pea netting for out door crops, but they work great inside too. They are 2" squares, 10'X20' or something like that size for $4-5cdn each. Much cheaper than the hydro store.

SJ

You could always use two layers of the 6 inch off setting the second layer by 1/2 creating four 3 inch holes for each of the 6 inch squares.

HOME CREPOT

At Home Crepot they have strawberry netting with 2" squares, roughly the same size of chicken wire. A pack with 20'X8' is $5cdn.

SJ

Back