Now it's Aphids. :dunno:

I thought that nopest strips were poison?
I just read the MSDS on these No Pest strips and after looking at the pictures, I understand what type of product that they are... my mother used to use them 40 years ago when she was growing flowers for a local farmers market gig. I was thinking "sticky traps", and didn't think they were hazardous.

So, this is what I remember after reading the MSDS on the No Pest strips. The trap itself can develop liquid residue that can form a droplet and potentially land on a plant or surface below... and, "IMHO" this is where the "real hazard is" in that other than handling the product for installation and removal, it is highly unlikely that you'd be exposed to enough chemical to have an issue.

When I looked up the Sticky Traps, one of the top lines in the MSDS was this: "None of the ingredients of this material meet the definition of Hazardous Chemical" given in OSHA Hazard Communication Regulation 29 CFR 1910.1200(c)."

So the two are not the same thing.

Personally, I'd like to find a couple of the No Pest strips, just for the plastic hanger part and put the Sticky Traps in them... that way there wouldn't be any chance that I'd stick one to my arm-hairs when I'm working in the tent ever again.

I realize most experienced growers know to use the sticky traps right from the beginning of a grow to monitor (flying) insect pressures, so if a new grower sees one in someone's pictures they post online, it doesn't mean their garden has bugs, they are using them as a early warning system like the DEW Line... its a good and worthwhile practice in my view.

Lacewing larva for the win. They're brutal. Aphid massacre for sure.

Here's a place local to me, but they do ship.
Cool peeps. They're in the middle of an oil field growing bugs in shipping containers with gardens full of veggies and animals all over the place. Nice people.

Peas
At this point, a person would likely make more money growing and selling the predator bugs than they would in any cannabis market segment(s)... they can be costly, and aren't all that easy to have "immediate access" to (in my area) if an infestation is detected.

Last edited:
I never had too much success with mail order beneficial bugs b/c the Temps are usually too hot during delivery in Fla.

I now search for Mycoinsecticides to use and the following product works great on many types of plant pests.

NoFly WP -- When spores of NoFly WP come into contact with the insect pest they attach to the body and begin to grow almost immediately. Once the spore germ tube penetrates the host cuticle, fungal multiplication takes place through formations of hyphal bodies in the host hemocoel. The NoFly microbe mechanically disrupts the host's internal organs and initiates tissue necrosis. This leads to lack of feeding, inactivity and eventually death. Insect pests sprayed with NoFly WP stop feeding in about 24 hours and are killed in about 5 days
Benefits: Peacilomyces fumosoroseus FE 9901 is not a plant pathogenic organism and does not produce significant detrimental effects on beneficial insects, including bees and bumblebees. The only residues derived from applications of NoFly WP are short lived spores that should not present any environmental persistence concerns in soil, water, or air. These characteristics make this product an ideal tool for IPM programs.

This is the only mycoinsecticide ive used but there are diff. brands out there.

peace

Ok.So I have some aphids.Not a full blown infestation,but still...

Tomorrow and the next couple days will be mid to upper 70's.Should I give her a good hosing down,then shake the excess and let the plant dry?I need to harvest this plant so would really like to get the aphids dispatched,then start cutting her down.

Good idea or no?
If their aphids you will have ants around. The ants pack the aphids to the plant tops then harvest the sap they suck out of your plants. Stop the ants stop the aphids.

Mmmmm, a half pound + per acre. What's that work out for a gallon?
very little. its been a few years since ive used it last but i think i used 1/4 tsp/ gal and i used it to eliminate fungus gnats and a 2 spotted spider mite that was a bitch to get rid of. I buy my NoFly WP from Arbico Organics.....https://www.arbico-organics.com/product/nofly-wp-organic-mycoinsecticide/pest-solver-guide-mites

peace

Just realized that the people who put the windows in that side of the house, put them in wrong. Slider windows, and the drain hole is on the inside. I know nothing much about windows, but having water run into the house side is all wrong. We were slowly replacing windows, anyway, so i guess that would be the next couple of windows to do. I wonder if that has anything to do with bugdom on that side of the house.

Back