New Outdoor 2020

still_buzz'n

Dab Banger
Going to pop these beans that are a few years old in a week or two. I'll do the papertowel method and hope for three of each that make it. Start them indoors and then place them outdoors mid-May. I live in a Holler in the mountains with 15 acres that is across a creek with fresh water available at all time. I will have my plants in premade holes with a bag of Fox Forest Garden Blend in the holes for fertilizer the first three weeks. I haven't grown outdoors for awhile and wondered what you guys are using for fertilizer and bloom? Where I am located, we veg outdoors until mid August and then we see buds pistils or male flowers. I can see early with a scope from Radio Shack...probably by 1st week of August. We have a short blooming period mid-August to about mid-October before our first frost.

So, I will need advice on store bought veg formula to use from Mid June until mid August and a bloom formula from mid August until Mid October. I'm a 100% disabled vet so just getting to my plants to water and fertilize is a challenge. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Like I said, I live in the mountains with a lot of shale rock and creek bed rock so drainage is fast. PH is a perfect 6.2 almost all of the time. Thanks in advance for any advice on nutes!
(BTW I usually grow indoors, however that is not an option at the moment. I have done well outdoors as well...it's just been awhile!)

still_buzz'n

Chocolate Trip
Chem D BX3
ISP - Chem 91
ISP AITR

Last edited:
Reactions: 180
I like your plan. But you may be surprised by the date-of-flowering variation among your plants. Some, if you're lucky, will start flowering before end of July. The two I ran OD last year both flowered in late July (and I'm in New England, which has a longer day at that time of year than where you are, assuming you are a little further south). Depends on the plant. Blue Dream doesn't start here til the third week of August.

You need advice on nutes from someone who lives in your region, as that determines what brands are available. Remember if you want to use animal products (fish, bone meal, blood meal, etc.), you need to protect the plants from wildlife, which will smell the goodies and dig them up. Fence around plants :thumright:

For veg, I love fish + seaweed. For flower, just fish emulsion. That is the simplest method, not too expensive, but attracts wildlife. If you want fancy nutes, the Botanicare line is widely available. Pure Blend Pro Grow for veg, Bloom Soil Formula for flower. There are others that will work as well; it seems that everyone I meet who grows (indoors or outdoors) has a different method, and most of them work.

I like your plan. But you may be surprised by the date-of-flowering variation among your plants. Some, if you're lucky, will start flowering before end of July. The two I ran OD last year both flowered in late July (and I'm in New England, which has a longer day at that time of year than where you are, assuming you are a little further south). Depends on the plant. Blue Dream doesn't start here til the third week of August.

You need advice on nutes from someone who lives in your region, as that determines what brands are available. Remember if you want to use animal products (fish, bone meal, blood meal, etc.), you need to protect the plants from wildlife, which will smell the goodies and dig them up. Fence around plants :thumright:

For veg, I love fish + seaweed. For flower, just fish emulsion. That is the simplest method, not too expensive, but attracts wildlife. If you want fancy nutes, the Botanicare line is widely available. Pure Blend Pro Grow for veg, Bloom Soil Formula for flower. There are others that will work as well; it seems that everyone I meet who grows (indoors or outdoors) has a different method, and most of them work.

Sounds good! I do have access to a Hydro store that carries numerous brands of nutrients about an hour and a half drive frome me! I am out in the sticks lol! That's where I get the FFOF Garden Mix. it's good for the first 3 weeks.

Welp I decided to start ten each of these:

ISP - Chem 91
ISP AITR
Chocolate Trip

They are now in moist papertowels, in the dark, and warm! Keeping my fingers crossed since they are a couple years old. If they pop, I'll be putting them in FFOF potting soil and transplanting up every to days or so adding more FFOF with each transplant until they are ready to go outdoors. I have found several spots across the creek and I will put a few in grow bags out back.

Back