New Home New Equipment

2broke2smoke

professional pothead
So I just purchased a small farm with a couple of out buildings and need to do a build out. After much soul searching and hand wringing I decided to bite the CMH bullet and went and purchased 6 Double Ended CMH 630 watt bulb ballast kits for flower to go with 2 of my nanolux DE hps 1k's. I will continue to use the 8 - 315 watt CMH I already have for veg room. As soon as I can get the rest of my money together I will start buying the lumber, insulation, etc. to get this thing up and running:D

2b2s

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. It has been very stressful. At one point I was physically homeless for 2 days because we did not want to pay exorbitant rent to the new owner of our old home, but we could not move into our new home either, fortunately the people who sold me the farm let me move all my stuff into one of my barns.

Now having to go through all the crap you accumulate over time and do not realize you have lol. Unfortunately I spent much of my build out money on the down stroke for the farm, but I have recently harvested and cured out some headband and GG4 both of which are fire!

I am chomping at the bit to get these new DE CMH units. As soon as I am up and running I get to fire my lazy partner, he has been nothing but a source of problems when left to his own devices. This last run I had to hold his hand every step of the way to get a product worth having, just like the first 3 runs I did with him during training . I am not complaining about the work but what I am complaining about is the he expects half of the proceeds of the sales!!! No more of me doing both jobs and getting paid for one.

I would post some pix but for some reason I am not able to upload photos dman said to clear my cache and cookies etc but that did not help still get same error message. It turns out i moved to an internet/cell phone wasteland. I get access to internet only by satellite:( my first 18 gb is fast enough to stream at about 12.5 mbs but after that it throttles back to 5mbs, argh could be why I cant get uploads going going to try to upload some pix at the public library today. Here is a link to my new lights:

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/searc...=Double+ended+Gavita+630w+CMH+grow+light+kits :D

2b2s

Thanks for all the well wishes, it has been a rocky start due to the electricity not being 240 vac in the barn. I did manage to cobble together a makeshift temporary flower room running 2 lights. I am limited to 15 amps atm so 2 lights is all I can run given my amp load. I will definitely have 240 vac come next summer and from what I can see from these 2 DE 630 CMH's having 6 up and running will give me a great harvest. I am just glad to be growing on my own sans a partner again. It just feels good :D

2b2s

Hey Guynmandude thanks for the well wishes.

I am definitely cheesing dragnfly. It has been 2½ long years of partnership hell that came to a screeching halt on feb 1st 2017:stop: For years I struggled with small grow spaces and when the opportunity to get a large enough pace to grow more than 4 lbs popped up I dove straight in not bothering to check the depth of the water. Having the partner was the single worst mistake of my growing career. At first when I was driving 50 miles one way daily holding his hand things went well, but after a couple of runs I quit coming to the flower room on a daily and before long the quality of the crop started to fall off along with the yields. I decided that my partners laziness and fact that he has a day job contributed to the decline of my product and last round I stepped up my participation in the flower room. The quality improved but was still not the quality I was accustomed to. The flowers in my thread on the DE 630 watt cmh show the dramatic difference in quality I have achieved. This is what really puts the smile on my face, trichome covered buds:D

2b2s

Congrats on your new place. I lived out in the country and I loved it and would have loved to move back but internet sucks out there and would be in the same boat as you with the satellite

Thanks 1337, internet seriously blows here and cell service is not any better. It is like stepping into 1989. The trade off is my sanity or what's left of it lol:D

2b2s

Back