New Grow Room, New Everything

If u want easy with fast growth and good yields I would highly recommend coco/perlite. If you're looking for the best possible personal stash then organic soil might be the way to go. Best of luck with whatever you go with.

choose your medium but don't start up without looking at the 315 CMH lights...one uses 315 watts of energy and outperforms HPS two to one...I will grow and flower with nothing less...2 of those bad boys will blow your mind, far better than a 1K raptor...

Tents kick ass Shovel. I switched to tents in the last 2 years and will never look back as far as I'm concerned.

my friends that grow all use tents. maybe after I have the contractor insulate the floor joists (which will not help to warm the cellar at all). No hurry, I have a stash of great weed to last a good long while and no market for the overage.

To be continued at a later time and space;

In conclusion, thanks to everyone for the great information. I am just starting a closet grow, like I might have done 2003 or so. Same light.
I'm in the situation where I am tired of scoping out and buying shit, replacing a house full of everything and building the hut and garage and suddenly needing to buy a new truck. But I really miss plants growing, thus I ghetto grow in a closet. I still expect to have a proper grow room or tent and gear, maybe by 2022. :puffpuffpass:

Last year's LED experiment (California Lightworks 550) was not good. It performed maybe equal to but not better than a 400 w HPS/MH at the same energy usage. I doubt I will invest a ton of dough into LED at this point with more prudent home expenses. Likely looking for a 1000 W HID as I have 8' ceiling height now.

I can help you here... took me 3 lights to find a less expensive light that works... and boy did I.
1 week from seed..
Lemon Britches #1.jpg
clone under light 10 days
Oger Run #2.0.jpg

Stay away from anything Blurple.. you know, them bright purple lights.. no good, especially poor veg growth.. then I found my "Spider Farmer" SF1000. not a 1000w, just model #. I'd say it matches a 400w hps in growth easily while putting out no heat.
HGL makes the same panel light using same Samsung diodes, cept their dimmer switch is easier to get to.. never messed with mine..

These put out a bright white light while meeting all the spectrums needed for excellent veg & flower production. found mine at Amazn for $249 but they've gone up a little...

Know nothing about hydro so I will not chime in on that part... I'm organic all the way... luck man

Back