More problems with (oil) vapes: heavy metal contamination

Good link. Nice of Slim Pickens to point this to me. I’ve just switched away from carts, and over half the ones I bought were all ceramic. Still, it is concerning.

Reactions: 180
did [vape]rosin for a year maybe..I got a buzz..

its interesting..but found the rosin always pointed to sedation...and did not have the personality of weed

more or less there same with hash for me

did a cart once years ago..nah not for me

is it still ALL the rage for young cannabis smokers?

[don't hear there word "dabs" as much ]

thanks for the thread

Vaped Rosin myself but mostly flower . I put it down and went back to rolling joints like the good old days .

Prolly hit a vap pen twice, and dabs maybe 10 times. Made lots of rosin, never really smoked it much, I prefer a spoon or joint. I think I still have a few jars of rosin in the outdoor fridge, gave most of it away, peeps around here can’t afford a dab rig. They just bust a nug off a bud and stuff it in a pipe, lol. Pull hard to get a hit, I think they like the buzz off the lighter, lol.

Imo washing buds for trics, you lose something in the process, and the head does not last, so your hitting the rig like a fiend.

Vape pens don’t do it for me either, we still use them in discreet situations but it’s more of a mild quick buzz that doesn’t really compare. Dispo pens so I don’t think it’s the source

Haha! To be honest I’ve smoked weed out of a foil pipe and a tin can before so that’s just as crackhead as anybody’s dirty ass rig I’ve seen. I smoke more then I dab but love to dab a clean quartz nail. If the mail and rig ain’t clean I’ll pass.

I avoid pens, they have a generic high for me and I've always been suspicious of what's in there.

I'm kinda afraid of dabbing because my tolerance is already too high. I can't seem to get properly stoned anymore... probably need to take a long break from the herb :( That may happen when I have surgery this winter, I dunno. I have dabbed before but it wasn't really something I wanted to get into. Feel like it's the crack of the cannabis world.

But my friend [MENTION=2172]BodhiSativa[/MENTION] loves dabs; one or two hits and he's good to go for hours. He likes how clean they are.

Different smokes for different fokes!

I'm on vacation with a puffco peak oil vaporizer, portable and electronic. Is nice because I just scanned it through security in carry on. Take a couple grams of homemade rosin in the wife's makeup bag and I'm set on the beach getting dabbed tf out.

Have done this twice recently now. This is Def the way to go for oil, but I'm still missing the good old joints to be honest. Next to will try to ship some herb again I think beforehand if I can plan ahead well enough. Or just buy at a dispo which is better than nothing for sure, but not as good as my own smoke.

seems to me when they first started making these carts, they were using the same liquid carrier the medical community uses in their inhalers and breathing treatments. Since the beginning, i've had people want me to hit their pens when the carrier has been vegetable oil to God only knows what. I politely turn them down. The highest instances of lung cancer occur with fry cooks, who work in an environment when aerisolized vegetable oil is prominent in the air. I'll pass. I do not want those oils in my lungs. roll me a j please

I avoid pens, they have a generic high for me and I've always been suspicious of what's in there.

I'm kinda afraid of dabbing because my tolerance is already too high. I can't seem to get properly stoned anymore... probably need to take a long break from the herb :( That may happen when I have surgery this winter, I dunno. I have dabbed before but it wasn't really something I wanted to get into. Feel like it's the crack of the cannabis world.

But my friend [MENTION=2172]BodhiSativa[/MENTION] loves dabs; one or two hits and he's good to go for hours. He likes how clean they are.

Different smokes for different fokes!

i been smoking rosin dabs of my skunkdawg cross lately, one is so strong, it would get you fucked up nicely I bet :)

RKS selfed seed from a 90's grow crossed with starlet kush x stardawg.

y'all need to get off the carts and buy some heady glass to vape through ;)

seems to me when they first started making these carts, they were using the same liquid carrier the medical community uses in their inhalers and breathing treatments. Since the beginning, i've had people want me to hit their pens when the carrier has been vegetable oil to God only knows what. I politely turn them down. The highest instances of lung cancer occur with fry cooks, who work in an environment when aerisolized vegetable oil is prominent in the air. I'll pass. I do not want those oils in my lungs. roll me a j please
You should try a solvent-less cart. Can only be done with live rosin from fresh frozen plants.

You should try a solvent-less cart. Can only be done with live rosin from fresh frozen plants.

i'm gonna pass, my friend. When vape or dab concentrates, i get a bad reaction - i have something of a bad asthma attack akin to brocho-spasms and can't breathe. I literally cough for 20-30 minutes straight, my guts feel like they are trying to come through my abdominal wall and then my abs start to cramp up. it sucks.

Damn downer. I'm a bit of an oddity, in that I do have a good cough and have to clean my sinuses out after the first dab of the day, but after the first, I can do large ones all day and not even cough or anything.

That weed I mentioned, boy it is a strong one, I typically do just dabs of heat press extract, and the odd toke. Last night I put some of the strongest pheno in the pipe with my lady, and we had one toke each only and I was like holy cow that's strong! Was well stunned for at least 20 minutes :)

Hashmasta, the skunkdawg cross sounds good. I had a Batgirl (Jack's Cleaner x Blueberry; from Subcool, RIP) for years that my friends called "the debilitator." A couple hits and you'd be like, Duuuuuh, whut? for about 30 minutes, and then it would fade to a nice clear up high. But those first 30 minutes you were pretty useless, lol.

I just use a torch, a glass rod, and a dab pipe. Can't get anymore crackhead than that! Lol.
I've always tried to use a pen with ceramic coils, but I've always been apprehensive about the lithium ion battery exposure. That can't be good either. So I rarely use my e-pen.

Back