Monitoring power usage.

Tin_Bender

Data collector.....
I am moving in soon with a roommate that is going to let me grow. But I either need to install a new power meter and I of course don't want to pay for all that so is there other reliable equipment I can install that is less expensive to do the same thing.

for fuck's sake, don't be stealing electricity. That's the quickest way to get your ass busted.

I ran 2 60 amp lines to my grow rooms, both go to new panels, one is 110 the other is 240. The 240 runs the flowering lights and AC, whole the 110 runs the outlets in both flower and veg. Pretty easy to do if you have a clue and read up on it.

99 times out of 100, if you pay your bill on time, the power company will leave you alone

Guymandude , I think Tin Bender just wants to monitor the amount of electricity he is using so he can pay his fair share of the electric bill....
Please correct me if I'm mistaken...

Right he just wants me to pay for the added costs.

You can always just calculate your usage given the power draw the lights and other equipment uses over time with the cost rates if you can't find other easy solutions. If you need it, I can walk you through the calculations.

Yup, simple calculation. Find out how much your electric company is charging per kilowatt hour. Last time I checked it was .08 per hour here. Multiply that by the watts you are burning. Don't forget fans....exc.

And than the extra cost you might have to pay when your base usage is used up and the extra kilowatts used cost more per kilowatt, than there are some companies that charge one rate in the day and another rate at night.

Hopefully he is cool and all can just be done on paper with calculations and no major stress about the little stuff.

We do hope all works out for you with it.:puffpuffpass:

The guys that can teach you how to do the KW calculations are definitely smarter than me. Especially if you pay different tier rates!

As long as the roommate isn’t worried about +/- $20 a month? Live there the first month without growing. Then however much the bill is over the first month when you start growing is your debt/electricity to grow charge.

This definitely is not perfect but IMO it works out in the end in a simpler way.

First month $100 without growing even split!

Once you start growing if it’s $300 you owe $250

Honestly if $20-50 one way or the other is going to be an issue I probably would not even grow! If he thinks he is paying too much buy him a couple beers and dinner and if that doesn’t solve it you have the wrong roommate to be growing in the place with.

Back