Moldy Pot into OIL ??

UniGrower

Resting in Peace
My buddy harvested this year and stored it in barrels now see some has molded from not drying it enough so is there anyway to salvage this in anyway like can he turn it into oil or wax would it be possible at all … Hates to just throw it away if he can turn it into OIL or Wax ??????????///:zorro:

Can you not run through a .2 micron sieve iirc? Sorry i cant quote the wolf directly, but he will know. I believe maybe only pm will affect the taste, maybe im wrong this is all just stuff i think ive read.

I'd be real careful here.
PM can be rinsed off with H2O2.
But mold?

There are several kinds of mold that grow in/on buds.
The black mold is not salvageable.
It produces un-filterable toxins.
They can go airborne and they can kill you.

The brown, gray, white, and yellow molds are less toxic but unless you have a positive ID it's best to toss the whole batch. IMHO

Aloha,
Weeze

Hi ya'll!

Here is my latest version of the skunk pharm article on mold: https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/8-essential-oil-safety/8-3-salvaging-moldy-material

The issue here is that some composting molds like Aspergillus produce aflatoxins which are serious neurotoxins. All of us eat aflatoxins with our food and most of us'n old farts have smoked moldy cannabis over the years with out noticeable side effects, but on the other hand at some levels it has killed some folks as well from aphylactic shock or organ failure.

Poison is always in the dosage, because we ingest mold spores in our food and from the air regularly but our bodies immune systems handle it until we overload them. You can get an idea about how bad the infestation is mith a microscope and using a NDT inspection black light, under which both the mycelium, spores, and aflatoxins will phosphoresce green.

If it isn't extensive consider extracting a sample and having it tested for aflatoxins to determine levels. The maximum levels for aflatoxins in various nuts, grains, dried figs and milk are in the range of 0.5 to 15 µg/kg (a µgram is one millionths [1×10−6] of a gram).

I was only thinking that if you changed it into OIL than the mold would not come through ….

I was only thinking that if you changed it into OIL than the mold would not come through ….

Sadly it leaves the mycelium and spores behind, but the aflatoxins are extracted along with the concentrate. It is more of a matter how much concentration.

Back