MMS at Ocean Breeze

Ocean Breeze is a licensed cultivator in Massachusetts USA. I had the pleasure of working closely with them on large scale seed testing and pheno hunting. We've gone through a few thousand of my seeds there which has been really fun. Over a couple years time I've collected tons of data, thousands of photos, and seen a lot more phenos than ever before. I figured I'd make a thread to share some stuff here. A lot of breeders don't get to work on this scale or aren't showing the work if they do.

Here's a link to a youtube video showing a 186 plant pheno hunt of some pupil f2's. I photographed every single plant toward the end of flower and compiled them in this video.

Another vid, showing the Swabi Pakistani landrace. The guys at Ocean Breeze were really interested in growing genetics that stood out from the rest and did a great job with some crazy sativas (my specialty too)

They have 7 flower rooms that vary in size, probably around 100 lights average but some a little smaller.
They got awesome genetic expressions under mixed light CMH and HPS checkerboard. 750 HPS and 600 CMH.

Here's some photos of various stuff I bred that we've grown:
Anaphylaxis, Drippy Eye, Moby Grape:
IMG_1129.JPG
P2162083.JPG
IMG_9219.JPG

Gas Pak:
IMG_4676.JPG
Axle Grease:
P2162341.JPG
Indigo Pupil:
IMG_9223.JPG

I've got hundreds of folders of photos, if people are interested I can share more stuff. Just wanted to show a little insight into a cool commercial grow, all these pics are from 2021-22.

The downside to hunting on such a big scale is you really can't smoke 2000 plants. I do my own selections based on effects, and I can't imagine how much good shit we missed by going on such a large scale. Lately they've been doing smaller hunts (like a pack at a time per strain) and finding keepers that way, because each one can be evaluated much more thoroughly. It was awesome to grow 50+ seeds per strain at a time and see phenotypic expression at a nicer scale!

Back