Midwest

midwest

I guess we are introducing ourselves...
Many are probably wondering who's this seemingly super important guy with the OG join date and the cool avatar?

I'm pretty much nobody. Small time personal grower. Been on the boards since the late 90's when I started growing stealth outdoors in high school. After running bag seed the 1st year we ordered some seeds from Marc Emery and I was on my way. First joined CCulture, then the old Cworld and Overgrow, and then eventually settled here.
For most of my career I used a 400 watt hps. Always small grows. Closets, cabinets, spare bedrooms. At my peak I added another 400 watt MH so 800 watts are my largest grows. Never really sold much or got into the business of things. Now I'm back down to a little LED cabinet grow pulling about 2-3 ounces and just going for quality and variety.

Always grown from seed or my own clone selections, have never gotten a clone from anyone on the boards. Got a fake trinity clone locally at one point but everything else I've ever grown came from a seed popped by me.

I've made a few crosses of my own and spread out a little. Most notably I reversed a Blueberry/Bubba Kush mother and made a batch of S1 seeds that turned out pretty good. Can't really go wrong with a bubba cross. I also passed around an AK47 x Bubblegum that I wouldn't really recommend anyone grow if they have them still.

As far as notable exploits on the boards...
I was a test grower for Paradise Seed's first fem lines. As far as I ever saw I was the only person to have actually posted a grow log. It coincided with the demise of HS/OG so everyone kind of scattered.
And as far as I know I was the 1st person to post a grow report on DJ Short's True Blueberry online. Ordered them from Doc Chronic right when they 1st posted. It's a little claim to fame I guess.

So....yeah. I have 20 years experience. But at the same time I've never actually run any kind of scaled up grow or tried many of the elite clones.

Last edited:
Familiar face that’s for sure!
Respect bc you’re the only other (besides Optimus and dman - the creators) who grew out and enjoyed the Siberian frost. LOVED one pheno of that gal for sure. She was very nice.

Your grows and mine (when indoors) are similar in style, personal from seed w variety. Although local friends here definitely added a few clones to my runs… we small guys gotta stick together!

Onward and upward! Good luck with your next round.
Fh

Respect bc you’re the only other (besides Optimus and dman - the creators) who grew out and enjoyed the Siberian frost. LOVED one pheno of that gal for sure. She was very nice.
I remember that BLG, the guy who ran 100 skunk #1 plants in his front yard, also liked the Siberian Frost.
I ended up crossing it to that Blueberry/Bubba I talked about earlier. Passed a few around back in the day. Sadly mine got lost in a move.

Back