MA has outlawed CBD products

That just means there is not enough revenue coming in to justify possibly being sued before the FDA approves it.:wave:
If it doesn’t pleasith thy crown! Slap on a 27% tax and they will allow it.

Very odd.
Exact opposite here.
Our grocery stores are now starting to offer all kinds of CBD products as are national pharmacy's like Walgreens and CVS.
I was at Costco and got offered a sample of a CBD infused drink, but could not try it because it still contained gluten. Wife said it didn't taste great. LOL

I can only assume MA hasn't fallen in line with the whole hemp bill thing?

This is out of sorts with the rest of the states for sure ..I thought those Eastern States were more progressive … Hmmmm :glare:

Bizarre.
Hawaii did the same. We just "decriminalized" possession of a foolishly small amount of buds, (3 grams).
And also just recently declared CBD illegal.
But that's our state motto. "half-assed is more than good enough"

So stupid.
It's gotta be that the state wants the tax revenue from the CBD sales at the higher rate of the cannabis shops.
They see it as missed profit by close to 15%.
I'm going to be interested as there's a CBD only shop opening a couple of store fronts away from where I work close to downtown Boston. Only CBD. They are all polished and have all sorts of CBD health benefit signs/educational material in the windows and on the walls. I have a front row seat and I am torn about that. One of the factors is that there may be false claims being made for health benefits. Dont' get me wrong, I know it can have good effects with multiple body systems and I also know that it doesn't help everyone in the same way. To some degree, same as pharma. We also know that CBD is not as effective when taken alone, add THC and the entourage for better results.
TAX RATES BY STATE (2017)
Alaska $50 per ounce of marijuana (levied on cultivators)
California 15 percent on gross receipts of retail sales Tax on cultivators: $9.25/ounce of flowers
$2.75/ounce of leaves
Colorado 15 percent sales tax 15 percent excise tax on average market rate of retail marijuana (imposed on first sale or transfer from cultivation facility to store, manufacturing facility, or other cultivation facility) (transfers among cultivation facilities will be exempt from tax beginning August 7th)
Maine* 10 percent sales tax
Massachusetts 10.75 percent
Nevada 15 percent excise tax on first wholesale sale and 10 percent retail excise tax
Oregon 17 percent
Washington 37 percent excise tax

So ultimately they decided hemp was okay but CBD not.
That is just kind of a silly way to approach things.
But my guess is that you will see changes in MA as federal regulations change.
Certainly an interesting situation as CBD is so mainstream in Colorado you can get it for you, your pets and in so many places it's like a non-thought.

So ultimately they decided hemp was okay but CBD not.
That is just kind of a silly way to approach things.
But my guess is that you will see changes in MA as federal regulations change.
Certainly an interesting situation as CBD is so mainstream in Colorado you can get it for you, your pets and in so many places it's like a non-thought.

THat's how it's been in MA for a few years too. Get CBD in smoothies at little cafes, or pulls or extract, or whatever CBD pet or human products at markets, etc.

I see CBD products for sale in almost every retail outlet I go into. Same here in VT as in MA.

VT CBD hemp farmers and others in the industry would go BATSHIT if VT outlawed CBD. It's one of the few booming growth industries that VT has.

Speaking of VT and hemp, I wonder what's become of Bogstomper?

I have wondered the same of his hemp situation. Yeah, cbd is everywhere. It’s still being sold at the pot shops as far as I know. Odd all around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back